iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Da nerve of some people

Started by chet, July 24, 2004, 02:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

I got a call last night from a guy that needed a few stair treads cut ASAP. I told him I was done for the day as it was 9:30 PM when he called. He seemed a little irritated that I wouldn't do it right then and there,   ::)  but I assured him I would try to make time for him tomorrow.
I just called the guy and asked him to drop off the wood and I would cut his stair treads, for his Monday project. Well it seems the weather is too nice today for him to worry about cutting wood. He says maybe he'll call me Sunday.  :-/
The more I think about it, the more I think I will be in church all day Sunday.  ;D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Fla._Deadheader

;D ;D I LIKE it, Chet.  ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Tom

Yep, time to hang a chain across the gate and go fishin' ;D

chet

Seems da old boy's wife just called. She says he WILL  be here in an hour, if not I'm to call her.   :o   :D   :D   :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sprucebunny

Costs ALOT more for that kind of work. And double that for weekends.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Tom

Hey! !

Flat lander.. .. .. mumble mumble grumble :-/

:D

Corley5

Fudgie, Trunk Slammer, etc.....
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Cedarman

I always ask,"Now just how bad do you need these and how quick".  Price accordingly and it is amazing.  You either make lots of money and solve their problem or they decide waiting isn't such a bad thing. Since I need the money I'm usually open for the first option.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Stan

Reminds me of the fellah that wanted my grandson to split him a couple of cords of firewood. The catch was he expected me to supply the wood.  ::)
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

SwampDonkey

hmmmm, dunno about a flat lander but it sounds like his wife has to team him a bit the get anything done. I imagine she has been waiting for awhile to get the steps finished.  :D ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

karl

Seems like there's a bunch of folks out there who's life and projects are a lot more important than mine-
Got a load of pine v-joint sitting on my trailor (that I lent the customer) that he absolutely needed last friday night, then he had to work late and would pick it up Sat, then he would positively be here Sun AM , no call and I am willing to bet I don't see him 'til the weekend when he gets around to work at his house again, meanwhile I have a trailor and bay in the garage that I can't use.This after taking up 2 1/2 hrs of my time telling me about his house and every tool he owns and how much better than mine they are....>:(

A local contractor has been jerking me along on another load for close to 3 months, came out tonite, hung around for an hour and left without it again cuz " I'll hafta clean out my garage first" ::)

Some customers just take the fun right out of business.

Sorry about the rant....

Oh yea - we don't like to be politically incorrect so we refer to non locals a PFA's (people from away) rather than flatlanders now. ;)
"I ask for wisdom and strength, Not to be superior to my brothers, but to be able to fight my greatest enemy, myself"  - from Ojibwa Prayer.

ScottAR

I just call em all dunderheads...  Doesn't really matter where they came from.   :D :D

I work in retail for a day job so I know exactly the type spoke of...  The stories I could tell... many too long for a non sawdust making post...  
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Norwiscutter

Up here they are called FIB's, which stands for our Friendly brothers from Illinois...
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Bruce_A

I imagine that the rest of the world is like me.  It can get by on less than it does.  I always keep a list of other people who do the same thing that I am doing at the time.  If I get one of the people in this world who touch my sensibilities wrong, I try to send them to someone else.  If they can't work with my situation, they find someone else. Very simple.  I do a lot of odd hour jobs and deal with a lot strange people, but at least once a year someone better than me, can't wait on my schedule and has to find someone else to meet their needs.  A bumper sticker on a van several years ago summed up my lifes ambition.   "LOVE MY JOB, LOVE MY BOSS, I AM SELF-EMPLOYED.

Thank You Sponsors!