iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hardwoods in Colorado

Started by Kirk_Allen, March 28, 2005, 08:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirk_Allen

Can anyone tell me what types of Hardwoods are in the Colorado Springs area?  I have a neighbore that needs to build a new kitchen for his son in Colorado Springs.  He is going to be out there for aobut three months and would rather not haul his white oak he has hear that far.  He would prefer to buy wood from a sawyer in the area but is not sure of what hardwoods they have.

Any help on species and pricing would be great.  He is looking for 4/4 white oak as first choice.

Thanks

Minnesota_boy

Tell him to haul his white oak.  It's been years since I was there, but I remember pine and cottonwood.
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

SwampDonkey

Eastern cottonwood
Large toothed aspen (western portion of the state)
Boxelder (just to the western portion of CO)
White Ash (no beyond Kan. and Neb.)

I agree with Minnesota_boy :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ironwood

I have a friend who sells lumber to a guy who drives back from his current home iin Colorado to his homeplace here in Pa. and he always buys some good hardwood to haul back with him. Check out CS Woods near Colorado Springs, they advertise frequently in Fine Woodworking. He buys cool wood from all over and bring it to Colorado.  Reid
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Thank You Sponsors!