iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Turning cants with ease.

Started by ATLGA, September 12, 2013, 09:15:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ATLGA

We have a 14" resaw that eats big cants all day long. We are flipping these darn things without the aid of a log turner type device like we have on the actual mill. Its time to upgrade. Has anyone ever added some kind of flipper to their resaw?  ???
America First.

drobertson

The only one I have seen is on a re saw that saws large cants down, a round about system,  theirs uses high speed hydraulics that hits the bottom corner, flipping them quickly,  as to the design, not sure about this,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

NMFP

Are you running a verticle resaw or a horizontal resaw?  Either or, a turner can be adapted easily.  Let me know what type and I might have some additional pics of projects laying around here I could send to you.  Many times the easiest way is a vertically mounted hydraulic cylinder powered of off a portable power pack which has a pusher end.  You can usually get a 90 degree rotation with about 12" of movement.  This could all be timed and set by using a solenoid with a limiting switch.  Provide some basic info regarding your set up and we can go from there.

NMFP

ATLGA

That sounds like a good idea. Do you have an email address I could send them to?
America First.

Thank You Sponsors!