iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mississippi here I come

Started by woodbeard, December 06, 2003, 05:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodbeard

For those who might not have read my previous post, these are pictures of my ticket to Mississippi

Where I will be buying a Peterson swingblade mill tomorrow

Most of the wood in these pictures was sawn locally by other sawyers, now I will be doing it myself!

I will keep y'all posted.

Fla._Deadheader

Nice pics George. It's always better sawin yer own stuff. Good luck on the trip.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

DanG

Good job on the cabinets, Woodbeard. You realize, of course, that was just the down payment on the ticket. The monthly payments will be a lot more fun, though. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

ronwood

Nice work and good luck getting your mill!
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

etat

Woodbeard, just let me say,Congratulations.  I sure do like your WORK.  Sometimes if ya got time sure would be nice if you'd share a few more of them pictures  with us!  Where  you getting your mill from, what part of Mississippi?  Sure hope you give that mill a good home you're taking away from us!  Maybe a piece of machinery from Mississippi will help brighten up that 'dismal' place you live in!!!! Way up north there like it is!!!!!!:D :D :D
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

woodbeard

cktate, by where I see your tree planted, I bet I drove right past it today. Took the Natchez trace parkway from Tenn. down to Kosciusco. What a nice road!  And what a nice machine! Shiny stainless steel and Peterson red. Yes, ol' Dismal just got a shade or two brighter. ;D
I had threatened to drop in on Urban Logger, but didn't get the mill loaded up til 4, so had to just head back up the trace, just getting back now, and off to bed.

Fla._Deadheader

Awright Woodbeard 8) 8)    Hope them Peterson Pics Don'T take long to show up on here. ;) ;) ;D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Norm

When you get a chance woodbeard would you tell what wood varieties that you used in your cabinets.

No hurry as I know you've got a new toy to play with...er I mean you've got a new piece of machinery to work with. :D

Minnesota_boy

Hey Norm,
Aren't those popsickle sticks glued together in the cabinet doors?  ;D
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

woodbeard

Norm, the cabinet frames are sassafrass I got from a neighbor who used to run a Frick circle mill and still has a shed full of lumber. The doors are walnut and spalted maple, butt cuts and such left at a logging site that I had sawn up on a woodmizer. The Island is sassafrass sawn on the same woodmizer, ash from a bundle of cull lumber I got at a big hardwood mill ( 9" band! ), Mulberry I cut with my chainsaw mill, and a donated piece of purpleheart.
The Peterson will probably remain in the truck for a few days until I can clear out a place to put it. Thinking about renting a bobcat for a day, make things easier. Also gotta call the junkyard and have them haul off a couple carcasses. ;D

etat

:DHey woodbeard.  You're right, the trace is a pretty nice road for scenery.  If you'd a took a  right about 5 or 6 miles before you hit tupelo you coulda seen my house in about 15 minutes. Would a been several turns though.   Worst thing I hate about the trace is the 50 mile per hour speed limit.  Not so bad going, but when I start home from somewhere I'm a usually wanting to get there. :)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Norm

Thanks woodbeard, I sure like your choices in wood.

Minn_boy  You stop picking on me, I'm making big bucks gluing these sticks up and selling em to Lowes for 2X4's :D

Thank You Sponsors!