iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ever grinned about losing a milling job?

Started by Nomad, April 19, 2013, 06:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad

Talked with a prospective customer today.  He had a good size job, wanting to cut a bunch of lumber from his own land for his own use on his land.  He surprised me.  He turned the job off.  'Cuz he just bought an LT40 hydraulic to do it all himself!!!  I'm still grinning.  I figure I didn't lose a job, I just got another new sawyer in the neighborhood.  He's been lurking here for awhile and I figure he'll join any time now.  Another one bites the (saw)dust! 8) 
     Is it a bad thing to congratulate somebody on a new addiction?
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

customsawyer

You have to feel sorry for suckers that buy a mill. :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Chuck White

I've grinned when I lost a job, but it was my decision, not the customers.

The lady asked if I could saw some Red Pine logs for her, I said yes of course.

I asked if they were cut to length and stacked and she replied, yes!

A couple days later I went and surveyed the job and found that they were in fact stacked and cut to length, "tree length"!   :o

I contacted her and explained that I don't have any support equipment for moving the logs and gave her the name of another local sawyer who does!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

WoodenHead

Quote from: customsawyer on April 19, 2013, 06:47:16 PM
You have to feel sorry for suckers that buy a mill. :D

And even more so for those who buy two!   ;) :D

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

scully

thats the beauty of milling ,someone see's one at work and then pow ! they gotta have one ! To me a mill is the ultimat power tool !
I bleed orange  .

Meadows Miller

Gday

Jake and WH It don'tend there for some  :) :) ;) :D :D :D :D I never see it as competition unless they are a bastard to deal with about things theres plenty of work out there for us all  ;) ;D ;D ;D 8) 8)

Well Just Join the Fun Mate what are you waiting for  ;) ;) :) ;D 8) 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Satamax

Quote from: scully on April 19, 2013, 09:05:12 PM
thats the beauty of milling ,someone see's one at work and then pow ! they gotta have one ! To me a mill is the ultimat power tool !

Scully, i'd say, it's the first power tool, the ultimate would be either sander or spray equipement  ;D
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

Thank You Sponsors!