iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Making tomato Juice

Started by WH_Conley, September 01, 2009, 10:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH_Conley

After 20 some gallons of tomato juice I decided to add power. Got to do it outside, 7 gallons in less that 20 minutes. With the hand crank it would have taken over an hour. As you can tell by the look on the kids face, the variable speed does not work. ;)

Bill

Tom

That's a story he'll carry to adulthood.  :D

fstedy

I can remember my mom making tomato juice. Sure tasted good still warm out of the juicer. She had the same juicer you use. Ahhh the good ole days when you were young !!!
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

ScottAR

Tom's is correct as is often the case...

I used to "help" my grandparents can tomato juice.
I to this day contend the best tomato juice I have ever consumed
came out a mason jar.  I can still taste that salty bite. 

And now I'm thirsty...   :D
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

gary

I can remember turning that handle to make tomato juice(worst stuff i ever tasted). I have a 1/2 inch drill just for my wife's grinders. She didn't want it until after the first 1/2 hour of her turning the handle.

rickywashere

lol that was the plan here but tomatoes didnt do so well here this season

rickywashere

well lucked out and got 4 25lb boxes of tomatoes for 38 bucks made lots of salsa and whole tomatoes canned and split with brother-in law we are happy now 

Thank You Sponsors!