iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whatcha Sawin' 2019 ???

Started by Magicman, March 08, 2019, 08:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crossroads

That table is awesome LD!!!

It will be all good Lynn, even if it's not premo Wood, I have a feeling you'll make the best of it. 
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

doc henderson

very nice job LD,  tule in Ks kids that young are already driven tractors!!!  :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

thecfarm

Nice looking table. The look of the"old" buildings adds alot to the look.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

terrifictimbersllc

Thats a nice door LD.   8)  I want a barn with chandeliers.  :o :o :o
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: tule peak timber on May 16, 2019, 09:49:03 PM
All right ...you are doing it. Cranking. Just one question , does the young man in the photo have a work permit ?? :)
TP,

Its okay. He's Amish, he just took his hat off for the picture. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Brad_bb

Concrete apparently!  First time for me.  I was using my chainsaw mill to make the first slab cut in a Cherry crotch.  I skimmed the top of the concrete flat apparently, but it kept on cutting.  It may have slowed down a little bit, I didn't know I hit something at the time.  I was out of adjustment on my chain so I didn't take another cut(needed to remove a link due to stretch to allow me to tighten the chain properly). The next day it rain hard and washed the dust away revealing the concrete chunk and I noticed it later when walking by.  I took a chisel and hammer and broke the chunk and worked the pieces out.  I removed a link and resharpened the chain, which seems to be ok.
Milling concrete1 - YouTube
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Lawg Dawg

2018  LT 40 Wide 999cc, 2019 t595 Bobcat track loader,
John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

tule peak timber

Camphor wood today.We sent (donated) the smaller limbs and 200 pounds of claro walnut burl  to TAV (turn around for vets) to support their program.

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Bruno of NH

Some nice white pine for a custom order 

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Bruno of NH

Making some garden stakes to have on for when customers come in.

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Southside

Bruno - what do you have for a pointer and how do you like it?
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Bruno of NH

I bought the lumberjack tools
30° head and made a jig to hold a Milwaukee hole shooter drill in then guide rails for the stock to line up.
Takes no time to point one.
I made 6' stakes 1.5 x 1.5

WV Sawmiller

Bruno,

What size are your stakes? I make some 1"X 1" X 5' tomato stakes. I don't have a fancy pointer maker like you do so I cut them at a 45 degree angle. Yours look thicker than mine. I tried 6' stakes and people did not like them because they said they were too hard to drive up. I guess they don't have those fancy post drivers

All,

Scheduled for 0800 job start. Thunderclap at 0703 changed that and we delayed till 1100 after the storm blew over. Sure is nice to work a mile from home! Sawed about a dozen smallish 9' poplar logs into all 1X6 lumber for paneling. Then he dragged out a 5' catalpa chunk. I'd have sworn it was walnut. First catalpa I have cut. About 75 bf of 6/4 pieces edged from 6" to 16" wide. His mom plans on making a table out of it. Total for 3.4 hours on the mill was about 480 bf or about 142 bf/hr. No speed records but small wood and lumber. My helper/customer was first rate though.

Pretty typical of the logs we cut today.

Another load coming. Real nice tractor. This is the one we used to lift my mill head when i dropped it a couple weeks ago.

Finished poplar stack. Includes about 140 from 2 weeks ago.

First Catalpa on my mill. Sure looked like walnut.

Really pretty boards from the catalpa.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

tule peak timber

We sawed 1 catalpa log in 12 years and made spectacular furniture from it . Really nice stuff !

Magicman

Quote from: Crossroads on May 16, 2019, 11:39:15 PMIt will be all good Lynn, even if it's not premo Wood, I have a feeling you'll make the best of it.
And actually it was a good job after all.  

But I did not saw the two large logs on the top.  They were Sweetgum and everyone knows that I hates Sweetgum.  ;D

My customer is ready to roll the first log onto the sawmill loader.

1050 bf of an assortment of various widths of 1", plus 2X4, 6, & 8" framing lumber.  We have some stormy weather forecast for this weekend so he weighted it down.  The customer was happy because I got a $48 tip.  :)

It was HOT today.  smiley_sweat_drop

My truck exterior thermometer before I cranked up to head home.  :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

tule peak timber

Magicman

It was probably 90°, so I have no idea why the truck exterior thermometer indicated 113°.  The engine had not been running for over 8 hours so it wasn't that.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

busenitzcww

Cut up a hedge log with some burl in it. Only 15x45 but still kinda cool.

Woodpecker52

Woodmizer LT-15, Ross Pony #1 planner, Ford 2600 tractor, Stihl chainsaws, Kubota rtv900 Kubota L3830F tractor

doc henderson

my truck did that on a BSA trip to camp alexander Colorado.  the thermistor went bad and the wire clip was also damaged.  suddenly was about 20 degrees hotter than we thought.  replaced up in front of the radiator and fine since.
catalpa also smells great in a fire, like a guy 100 feet away smoking a pipe.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

WLC

Quote from: busenitzcww on May 17, 2019, 10:41:41 PM

Cut up a hedge log with some burl in it. Only 15x45 but still kinda cool.
Those are beautiful!!!!
Woodmizer LT28
Branson 4wd tractor
Stihl chainsaws
Elbow grease.

YellowHammer

I've been sawing and drying a little walnut, some kiln dried 4/4 boards 8' and 12' long, loaded and on the way to get planed, and also some 30ish" wide 9/4 live edge on the LT70 wide.  

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Magicman

That "Hedge" is crazy. smiley_dizzy

Very nice Robert.  :o

Bruno of NH

Thank You Sponsors!