iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pigroast 2008 Info thread and RSVP

Started by Jeff, June 21, 2008, 10:02:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

It's a good thing you had Fat-0ld-elf there, WDH.  I'd sure of felt bad if you'd been surrounded up there all alone.  :D  Ya gotta be careful about out-running your supply line.  :D

Texas Ranger

DanG, sounds like Danny and the FOE were in an Alamo situation, 'cept a northren version, surround by DanGyankees.   smiley_horserider smiley_horserider smiley_horserider smiley_horserider smiley_horserider
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

pasbuild

Give me some credit Bob I know enough ta use the gosinta botton ;D
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Burlkraft

A few more pics.........

Wudda ya think all these colors mean  ???  ???

A little conversation on the porch

Texas Timbers unknowingly provided some smokin' mesquite fer da pig  8)  8)  8)

Waitin' is the hardest part  ;D  ;D  ;D

Bob Squared and Thee Bob just gittin' started

I don't think Jeff's believing' everything that DR Buck is tellin' him  :D  :D

Gittin' the guest of honor ready fer da cooker

DewWood gittin' a good chuckle in

In the cooker all ready ta go  8)  8)  8)

Why not just 1 pain free day?

Tom

Dewwood!

I thought that was me there for a minute.  :D

Burlkraft

Kinda lookin' like he's headin' fer yer chair Tom   ;) ;D ;D

dewwood

I had my eye on that chair Tom but I don't think it  would work.  The red is not quite the right color in the shirt. :D
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

Gary_C

Sure looks like everyone had a good time and I sure wish I could have been there but I am being held against my will for a number of reasons right now, but maybe next year.

The only other comment I will make is the same thing that someone once told me when I was caught wearing shorts. "Those are the whitest legs I've ever seen!"     :D :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

WDH

Yes Tom,

It is imprudent to outrun ones supply lines when one is in dangerous territory.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

fat olde elf

Tom, you and DanG were sorely missed....Danny and I were proud to represent the South.
2 of us against the crowd of Yankees are about the right odds.Danny (WDH) had figured out the real correct answer for the cones was ZERO.  The question was how many PINE cones in the pig.  He shared that info with me but we went ahead with our best guestimates of the SPRUCE cones.......Danny was a lot closer than me.

We did have Dr. Buck in the southern contingent, so we were not so outnumbered after all.
My sincere thanks to all responsible for the Pig Roast.  This was my third time and not my last........Like McArthur, I shall return......And you folks can stop worrying about someone REPLACING Tom in that chair.....No one will replace him........Thanks again........Everyone loves my two new t-shirts........I am still in Michigan getting ready to attend my 53 high school reunion next Saturday and I willl wear one there.......FOE
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

Dan_Shade

i'm gonna get sore before long if you guys keep lumping me in with the yanks!
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Ron Scott

Loading the Biomizer. Jeff adds sawdust to fuel the Biomizer, Pig Roast 2008.

~Ron

Burlkraft

It's always good to start the day out right  ;D  ;D  ;D
Pancakes, sausage and biscuits and gravy...MMmmmm   digin1   digin1   digin1   digin1
Thanks to Kevin H. who did all the cookin'  ;)  ;)  ;)

Looks like class is bein' held

And the winner is.........Thee Bob  8)  8)  8)

Thee Bob wins again  :o  :o  :o  He shudda bought a power ball ticket that day  :D  :D  :D
That pig hangin' there kinda looks like a possum, don't it  ???  ???  ???

Cedarman

Does the Biomizer work better with out rocks ;D ;D
Just couldn't make it this year.  Next year is looking a lot better.  Heading to Fla to visit some southerners and the NSS convention this weekend.

It was hard reading all this and knowing the good time that I missed, but I know the folks there had a good time.  See ya next year.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

WDH

Quote from: Dan_Shade on August 05, 2008, 06:07:24 PM
i'm gonna get sore before long if you guys keep lumping me in with the yanks!

Dan,

I said Southerly Southern.  You and DR Buck are Northerly Southern ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

DanG

That's a whole lot better'n being Southerly Northern. ;D 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

tim1234

I really missed the roast.  It sounds like all had a good time. 

Jeff, you and Tammy are gracious hosts and very giving people.

Hey, since I wasn't there this year someone else will have to start the "create-a-caption" thread ;D

Tim
You buy a cheap tool twice...and then you're still stuck with a cheap tool!!
Husky 372XP, 455 Rancher, Echo CS300, Alaskan 30" Chainsaw Mill

WDH

Well, that only leaves the Northerly Northern to be spoken about :).  Where I was this weekend felt real Northerly Northern to me ;D.  But, it was very nice, I must say 8).

BTW Tim1234, the Boss has a great caption pic that he took Sunday morning.  I am sure that he remembers which one it is.

DanG

Quote from: WDH on August 05, 2008, 11:25:53 PM
  But, it was very nice, I must say 8).

Oh absolutely, without a doubt!  In fact, I wouldn't mind spending my summers up there.  It's supposed to be upper 90s with high humididity here tomorrow, with heat index in triple digits. :o  Spring and Fall are deeelightful around here, but Summer and Winter pretty much stink.  Maybe N. Zealand in Winter and the YouPee in Summer would be a good arrangement, eh?

The PiggyRoast is such a great event, maybe Jeff should do it twice a year, like August and Febbiewary? ;D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

What would that make you, Dan, a Sunbird?? :D

DanG

I've been called all sorts of birds, mostly odd, strange, and rare, but never Sun...at least until now.  Wonder why that is? ??? ::)

Tom

Maybe the others don't summer in Pontiac.  ;D

Ron Scott

Cutting & Tasting The Pig. DR Buck supervises the operation.

~Ron

pigman

Pasbuild was the winner of the guess the number of pine cones  spruce cones in the plastic pig, but I was the second place winner and received a prototype LOGRITE sawbuck. It seems to be well made and very sturdy. I like the center supports so the last short section of the log will be held while cutting. It folds and can easly be carried with one hand while the other hand carries the chainsaw. I tried it out today and it worked well. Thanks LOGRITE for donating the sawbuck. 8)
Now if Keven would make a wooden insert for the top to convert it to a little table top, then you could put the chainsaw on it and do maintanence. ;) ;D

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

beenthere

Looks great, and now throw a log loader on it, and a splitter/stacker for the output, ya got it made...

:) :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!