iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pigroast 2008 Info thread and RSVP

Started by Jeff, June 21, 2008, 10:02:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

That sawbuck is pretty DanG cool! Might need a light spring loaded chain around the log for the last piece.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

WDH

It looks like a very handy tool.  I admired it longingly, but alas, I did not have the Luck-of-the-Pigman that day :(.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

pigman

Danny, I have you know I was joking about the guessing part. I actually used caculus, but I am a little rusty with my calculus is why pasbuild won. ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Tom

So, what was the winning number??

I used my fingers, counting from the picture, but ran out.  :-\

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

submarinesailor

Well, I just get back from the energy show in Phoenix and boy would have liked to be at the roast instead of that 112 degree heat.  I know, I know, it's the humidity not the heat.  But, I ready did miss not being with you guys.

Bruce

Ron Scott

~Ron

neslrite

It looks like everyone was having a good time, I wish we could have come this year :(.

Great minds must think alike or Pigman has been diving in our dumpster :o

Kevin
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

pasbuild

I was a BIG WINNER at this years pig roast for many reasons, I got two days off work by takin the boss with me ;D I got to see some old friends and meet some new ones 8) ate my fill of some delicious food including deep fried double stuffed Oreo cookies  sketti_1   won me a dandy little chain saw thanks to Eggimann and Truck Parts City and another special prize.

This Maple set was crafted by the renowned artistic duo of TURN & BURN

As you can see the scene is of a Maple syrup operation done in great detail. This gift is not only very special because of the artist but also the man honored in the art work

Nailhead (Pat Johnson) was a good friend and I'm not ashamed to say I puddled up a bit when presented with this gift, THANKS guys.

TURN = Steve Beecraft
BURN = Jeff Brokaw
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

beenthere

THEE Bob

Awesome... and gave me goosebumps seeing it.

Congrats on the winnings.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

beenthere

As a direct (or indirect) result of the Pig Roast, we had Piggy Roast visitors today.

Enjoyed joining Robert and Linnea for a tour through parts of the Forest Products Laboratory this morning, and at Da Rox where we met up with Burlkraft.

Had a great time.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

Fantastic job on those bowls buys. I can see Jeff handing out a bowl of nuts to the mixed crowd (trying to make a joke here). Makes them taste much better you know.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Corley5

MMMMM  Delcy's cheesecake  8) 8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

OneWithWood

Well we made it through the pig-roast-do-the UP-Wisconsin-Minnesota-Wisconsin-Illinois thing safe and sound.  Put 2010 miles on the truck and never stopped for fuel  8)

Many thanks to Jeff and Tammy for the splendid hosting and to all the forumites who braved the high cost of fuel to turn out.  It was a pleasure to meet old friends and make new ones.  :)

One of the high spots of our adventure was meeting up with Beenthere for an informative tour of the wood products lab in Madison, WI.  Boy, would I like to play with some of those toys  :D
After the tour Linnea and I traveled to the storied town of Roxbury and joined Beenthere and Burlcraft at the exotic Roxbury Inn for what is shaping up to be an annual event.  Great food and great company  :)

One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Burlkraft

I enjoyed it as well  ;D  ;D  ;D

Glad ta hear ya made it back safe and sound  ;)  ;)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

pigman

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Mrs._Stump_Jumper

We got home this past Thursday just now getting time to post.  Haven't really had time to even look through my pics to see what needs to be posted.  It was a great time visiting with everyone again and meeting new people.

We would like to thank the sponsors for their donations, Jeff and Tammy for letting us stay there this year and hosting the piggy roast and for everyone that helped behind the scenes.

We all had a great time.

Haven't even had time to check out the blades from Wood-Mizer yet, but they are here
Thank You Wood-Mizer[/b]

Looks like I may have to make 4 cheesecakes next year even with the smaller crowd 3 wasn't quite enough.

The Stump Jumpers
Delcy - Morley, MI
'07 F350 Dually, Diesel, Flatbed
3 Lovely Children Jonathon, Monica, and (Jeff)
2 Brittany Spaniels:  Buddy and Pumpkin Pie

WDH

You are such a sweetheart!  I enjoyed the cheesecake immensely ;D.

Tom

WDH!! 

Did you eat all three of those cheese cakes? :D

DR_Buck

Quote from: Tom on August 26, 2008, 08:24:17 PM
WDH!! 

Did you eat all three of those cheese cakes? :D

I think he did.  :D
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

WDH

Some of all, yes, some of all.  A fellow has to be well rounded ;D.

Radar67

and you are...around the middle.  :D ;)
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Thank You Sponsors!