iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Howdy

Started by cntryby, July 10, 2011, 10:56:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cntryby

Quote from: Magicman on July 13, 2011, 07:13:12 AM
Quote from: cntryby on July 12, 2011, 07:33:31 PM
He lied, waited till the day for me to leave and emailed me he sold it.
That may not be the only lie that he told you.   :-\

Yeah, come to think of it, I did mention how upset I'd be if I found the mill to be anything other than described & pictured.

Still look'n though... wear'n out craiglist & the farm bulletin.
Grey haired riders didn't get that way from pure luck.

cntryby

WELL well well... what an old thread...

I finally ran outta patience. I drove up to north Missouri and look what followed me home.

thecfarm

Maybe an old thread but the dream lives on. Good for you!!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chickenchaser

Congrats, cntryby.

I almost pulled the trigger on a new mill a number of times, but finally found what I was looking for in used. I barely held out for 6 months! If I remember the OP date correctly, you hung on over 2 years. You are probably going to be kicking yourself for not getting one 18 months ago...  :D

CC
WoodMizer LT35HD

JD 3720 w/loader. 1983 Chevrolet C30 dump. 1973 Ford F600 w/stickloader. 35,000 chickens.

cntryby

Quote from: chickenchaser on October 14, 2013, 04:32:18 PM
Congrats, cntryby.

I almost pulled the trigger on a new mill a number of times, but finally found what I was looking for in used. I barely held out for 6 months! If I remember the OP date correctly, you hung on over 2 years. You are probably going to be kicking yourself for not getting one 18 months ago...  :D

CC

I've been working on clearing out 15 to 20 acres and working around trees I knew I wanted to saw. Makes it tough. :-\  Slows down the process, shade hurts the garden... etc.

Man, I looked at so many used saws I can't count them all. Anything I saw that was in decent condition was priced to close to new to be worth it. Most of what I looked at was beat all ta %$^%$! One mill was bent so bad I could see it before I got out of the truck.

More than likely, when we get a boatload of other projects done, we'll build our own bigger, badder, mill. We already have a lot of the parts, we just don't have the place to build it. But now, we can use our own timber to build our own shop. We have several buildings to put up, so it should pay for itself fairly quick.

I cut a few boards today, had to make some minor adjustments to square things up a bit.

I guess the first thing will be to put a small roof on the unit itself, the permanent spot has to be cleared and a shed put up.

WDH

As Tom would have said, "This is a fine development." 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

customsawyer

Congrats and welcome to the world of sawdust.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Po-Jo

Ed call me last week saying some one from sw ga was picking up a mill and wanted to know how close i was to sw ga, i was asking him about getting a trailer package for my mill , Were you the one? He could not pronounce the town and had no idea, but said it was in the far sw corner of ga,  I told him it would cost me more in gas and time than it would to just fedex to me the parts,but i appreciated him trying to save me a buck or two. Congrats on the new mill

cntryby

Yes, I was the one. I looked up the town he told me and it was on the other side of the state. He didn't say what you were wanting.

A guy just up the road from me has been wanting some extra track, but the timing was just wrong for him.

It only saved me a little under $200 to go get it vs shipping, but I've got more time than money. The wife was off so we made a road trip out of it. Man O man is she a trooper. We did 1627 miles in 27 hours, including the time spent with Ed.

Thank You Sponsors!