iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

help finding forum for small equipment

Started by music_boy, December 20, 2004, 02:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

music_boy

I got my hands on a 1987 John Deere 675 Skid Steer loader from a guy who wants 2.5 days saw time. ;D Maybe. The engine is out of the machine and missing the starter, flywheel, and radiator. I have the engine. 703 hrs on the meter. Looks good but....................
     New parts are 1200 dollars, then, it may not run. JUst can't tell. I posted a request for parts with a co. that looks for them for you. Can't find'em. Might explain why these are missing. I'm think'in that there is another engine that could be substituted for this Yanmar. Figure there is a forum out there that deeals with stuff like this.
Any info appreciated
Rick
It's not how much YOU love, it is how much you ARE loved that matters. (Wizard of OZ)

Plowboy

You might want to check with your local Napa store.  Sometimes Napa will have things fairly reasonable.  The other place I would check is with a John Deere dealer, you might pay a little more but a good dealer can locate parts for you.   I think the Yanmar engines are still being used in certian Deere equipment.  The was another web site that used to sell new and used parts for skidloaders.  I'll try to find it for you.  

Dangerous_Dan

I have some Yanmar parts. What model is the engine? & How many cylinders?
Try this link - http://www.ssbtractor.com/wwwboard/Yanmar_tractors.html
There are guys on there that can get just about anything Yanmar including grey market stuff right from Japan and they stock a lot of parts.
First you make it work, then you trick it out!

DanG

ytmag has a forum that covers this sort of stuff. Zip over there and ask your question. Those guys are real helpful. :)

Poke below, and scroll down to the crawler, backhoe, etc forum.

http://www.ytmag.com/cgi-bin/boards.cgi
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Engineer

All I can tell you is that my local JD dealer just put a brand new engine in his JD 675 skidsteer, about the same age machine.  He told me he had to have something custom made, but it wasn't too bad.  I wish I could remember.

The dealer's name is Henry Martinka, in Shaftsbury, Vermont.  You could look him up and call him or e-mail, MAYBE he might be able to give you a few minutes of time to tell you what you need to do.

I appreciate the knowledge, by the way - Henry told me he wants to sell his skidsteer to get a new one, and maybe I won't buy it if parts are tough to get.  Have you tried YOUR local JD dealer?

music_boy

Thanks for the links guys. Yes, I called the JD dealer. I priced a starter and a flywheel.$ 1200.00 That's alot of money to put into a machine that may not run, or if it did, the hydros could be shot. There's five pumps in that thing! I had already made up my mind but your tale Engineer, tells me I'm making the right decision for sure. I really don't have the kinda time it would take to hunt down parts and work on the machine in addition to what I already have going.
Thanks all
Rick
It's not how much YOU love, it is how much you ARE loved that matters. (Wizard of OZ)

rebocardo

One other option, though rather expensive, is to buy a brand new engine from northern toolhttps://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=position"> Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company that would fit into the JD. They have everything from gas to diesel.

redpowerd

do you have the old starter? and whats wrong with the flywheel? id tell you to find a boneyard, but most of the folks that have JD equipment have their own boneyard out behind the barn. ask a farmer in your area with old jd stuff where he gets his used parts. or go to fastline.com or machinerytrader.com and see if theres a yard or two listed that you can call. im not sure about your model or the engine in it, but jd skid steers had much in common with new holland for many years, might be something to keep in mind. that 'green paint' adds about 25% to the cost of any part.
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Thank You Sponsors!