iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

1970 tj 217 purchasing ?

Started by David_c, March 25, 2004, 03:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David_c

pekins diesil engine. wants 7500 but said he will wor on the price. i can probably get it for 7 delived. any problms i should looking for. center section looks ok, tires are fairly bald chains on back, winch has been redone. have'nt heard it run yet he says it runs good. getting to clear my land and to do some part time logging.

burlman

Soundslike a good deal. I have 66' TJ 205. I paid 10 G's for it i10 years ago. I love my little machine cheap to run, easy to fix. I'm not sure if you really have a Perkins engine in there though. I have a ford industrial diesel in mine, alot of people think that perkins and ford are the same thing. I just put another moter in mine that I got out of a ford super major farm tractor. The other thing to check out is the tranmission system, If  yours has a forward reverse shuttle lever in front of a 4 speed tranny, check for vibration  in all the gear ranges. There is a bearing between the to boxes that seems to a weak point. It wears  out a bit and your shaft turns out of line enough to make a vibration in the tranny.  your machine is a bit larger so you probably have a heavier setup than mine.Also give it a few sharp turns in high range, any loose joints or hanger bearings will make themselves known. good luck to you, and let us know how you make out....burlman...

David_c

thank you burlman that is good addvice. just the kind i am looking for. must not be many guys know much about these old machines ???

Thank You Sponsors!