iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Off to the Great White North

Started by moosehunter, February 18, 2005, 08:01:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moosehunter

We are leaving tomorro morning for a week of snowmobiling in Ontario. Can't wait. One week with no phones ringing! I may miss my chainsaw and Kubota though.
Saw Corley's post on heading to Florida and wanted all to know that we don't all seek warmer places for rest & relaxation!
Have a good week,
Moosehunter
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

isawlogs

Where abouts are you heading to snowmobile... And what do you have for a machine ...
Yes that week without the phone, as soon as the snow stops and the mud comes around I'm doing the same ... that is taking off for a week .... Leave the plow and the sander behind ... and go  ;D

In my case I would relaxe more on a snowmobile than I would in the heat ...
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

moosehunter

Riding out of Kirkland lake towards Timmons, Cochran, Hearst area.
02 polaris 500 xcxp, m10, elc. start, reverse. X 2 ( wife's sled is identical)

isawlogs

We got some nice fresh snow this morning .. going to get mine out over the weekend after I finish with all of the plowing and sanding ... Got a Formula Plus XTCE  521 with reverse its an older machine but I have it in mint condition .
   Wish you lots of snow and a good trip . If you would of come a little closer would have arranged a meeting on the trail somewhere ...  Have a safe tirp ...
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Bro. Noble

Moosehunter,

You're not the only one headed north.  We are presently in Wisconsin.  I've seen more snow last night and this morning than I've seen all winter at home.  (they still have some piles and drifts in the shade).  We havn't had enough at home this winter to cover the ground.  Wife and I were talking about that yesterday-------mildest winter we've ever had -----so far.

I remember one march when the weather guru predicted flurries for the next day and we got 18 inches of them.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

moosehunter

We are back! Had a great time. 766 miles in 5 days. No break downs, always a good thing. I am always amazed at the friendliness of ALL of the Canadians we meet while there. Another rider in our group had a breakdown, we knocked on a door to see if we could leave the broken sled in thier drive till we could get back with a trailer. Two guys came out, loaded it in the back of a truck and drove them 30 miles into town!!
Thanks to fellow FF member Tim in Pembroke ON. for the Eats tip.
Moosehunter

brian1948

Moosehunter:

If you ever decide to come north of Sault Ste. Marie toward Thunder Bay area, let me know.  You have to cross White Lake where my cottage is located.  You guys can stop for a Sauna and fish fry.  Just email in advance

Brian W

Jeff

Welcome to the Forestry Forum brian1948. Put yourself on the members map so we can see where you are at exactly. How far north of the Soo are you?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

OLD_ JD

that what we can call canadien hospitality ;).
canadien forest ranger

brian1948

Moosehunter:

I am 45 mins. north of White River on the OFAC trail.  If you are going to show up sometime, I will leave the trail marked for you.

Brian

Don_Papenburg

Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

isawlogs

Make it interresting .....    leave the trail marked with marshmellos ...  ;D

Marcel

moosehunter

marsmellows would be ok, my wife can smell a marshmellow at about 200 feet!!

KiwiCharlie

G'day Guys,
The Crustys have just kicked off their world tour here, and the big trick this time is a dude that back flips his 500# snowmobile off a ramp!  :o :o  Its absolutely amazing to see.  Theres a clip of it on their website.  www.crusty.com  As they wont be finding much snow down these parts  :D, they found that they could lay carpet down on the ramps and that provides a good surface for the machine to run on.
Cheers
Charlie.
Walk tall and carry a big Stihl.

Thank You Sponsors!