iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Monson MA Tornado + Cleanup

Started by CTYank, March 20, 2012, 12:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTYank

Last June 1 an EF3 tornado tore through the center of the little town of Monson MA, doing incredible damage. Then a freak fall snowstorm knocked down many trees that survived the tornado. They're going to be needing help for some time, and have been very appreciative of past assistance. Lots of really resilient folks there.

You can find specifics on https://sites.google.com/a/firstchurchmonson.org/mtvc/
Scroll down and near-bottom left "Want to Help?" link gives you means to offer your skills. They'll contact you for further details.

Great opportunity to exercise saws and spread some good karma.  ;D
'72 blue Homelite 150
Echo 315, SRM-200DA
Poulan 2400, PP5020, PP4218
RedMax GZ4000, "Mac" 35 cc, Dolmar PS-6100
Husqy 576XP-AT
Tanaka 260 PF Polesaw, TBC-270PFD, ECS-3351B
Mix of mauls
Morso 7110

Clam77

I'd be game if I lived closer...    :-\
Andy

Stihl 009, 028, 038, 041, MS362
Mac 1-40, 3-25

CTYank

I hear you. If I'd lived closer to Tuscaloosa or Joplin (among other candidates), I'd have been there. Sometimes you can only wish folks well.
Monson came into view because of being nearby and severely damaged.
May your nearest tornado damage be far away.
'72 blue Homelite 150
Echo 315, SRM-200DA
Poulan 2400, PP5020, PP4218
RedMax GZ4000, "Mac" 35 cc, Dolmar PS-6100
Husqy 576XP-AT
Tanaka 260 PF Polesaw, TBC-270PFD, ECS-3351B
Mix of mauls
Morso 7110

smh

Interesting. That's less than 2 hrs from me. However... I'm just one week out of surgery on my right arm: Ruptured the bicep tendon. Guess how? Bucking logs  :D  I'll give 'em a call anyway. Clean-up usually takes time. Thanks for posting this.
husky 61   -   old school mods
husky 272 -   heavy metal mods
husky 4 parts-uh oh oops
stihl 180c  -   what will it be when it grows up?

DeerMeadowFarm

I've been cutting wood all last year out of Brimfield (next town over). The devestation is unreal.

beenthere

OK smh. I have to ask....how do you rupture the bicep tendon "bucking logs" ??   
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

smh

trying to muscle logs into position. Didn't work out so well. Here's the kicker: 2 days prior I had finished a 10 day steroid regimen for poison ivy (that rash is brutal). The surgeon who fixed the arm said steroids known to cause tendon issues. Wish I had known.. OTOH, used the downtime to mod my old 61.
husky 61   -   old school mods
husky 272 -   heavy metal mods
husky 4 parts-uh oh oops
stihl 180c  -   what will it be when it grows up?

Thank You Sponsors!