iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A day at the Fair

Started by Peter Drouin, September 27, 2014, 09:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

Do you need to own a WM to go to the open house ?
If not how much to get in ?
Peter how long to get there ?
I live 50 miles north of you .
I would like to meet some  FF members .
Jim  Bruno of NH
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

thecfarm

@Peter Drouin,I have that day off.  8)
@Bruno of NH,no need to own a WM. I've been going for years. We can talk about our Thomas mill.  ;D Last April they was charging $20. But you got a blade and was entered in for some real nice door prizes. I just say I don't own a WM mill and there is no charge.

Hope to see you all there.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Bruno of NH on September 29, 2014, 12:27:00 PM
Do you need to own a WM to go to the open house ?
If not how much to get in ?
Peter how long to get there ?
I live 50 miles north of you .
I would like to meet some  FF members .
Jim  Bruno of NH

3Hrs for me. That's why Ann and I go Fryday night Have a lobster dinner and stay at a hotel and maybe go home sat. :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Peter Drouin

The Fryeburg Fair was nice. Had some cool things.

And nice snowshoe chair.

An old ford with chainsaws.

Run them all day. :D :D :D

I heard someone call for help, I looked and this nice Lady was in need. So the super hero I am  super-smiley I jump at the task. ;D

A steamer.

A cranberry separator, Where the red ones that are ripe bounces up and the white don't and fall down in a box.

Some mills and firewood process too.

Some nice beef barns and barns full.

A&P saw Mill LLC.

brendonv

I was there monday for the first time. What a great fair!
"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

Dave Shepard

That is a neat log deck on the Thomas mill.

I only made it to one fair this year. The Duchess County Fair in NY. Lots of methane producers, no sawmills.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

thecfarm

I use to go 2-3 days there. Bring a different person each time,than go alone to see what I want to see.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Great pictures Peter......I love looking at fair pics from other places. I enjoyed this!  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Chuck White

Nice pics of the fair I like the "busy stuff" machinery and such, then I always make it to the livestock barns!

If you ever get the chance, visit the Alaska State Fair in the MatSu valley.

Vegitables like you wouldn't believe.

For example: 1 stalk of rhubarb that's big enough for a rhubarb pie, all by itself.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sawguy21

Quote from: ST Ranch on September 27, 2014, 11:17:32 PM
AS per others, WOW what a FAIR! & thx for the pics - I have not seen anything like that for a long time in our part of the woods.
Tom
Armstrong and Salmon Arm have great fall fairs, there are probably others closer to home. They are good fun with so much to see and do.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

coxy

there is one of them one lunger wood splitters down the road from me  I was told that they were  used for shaving wood also     i like to see all that old machinery still around thanks for the pic ;D

Peter Drouin

It was a nice day today in Maine, A lot to see at WM of Maine.

I saw a LT50 with the new support on a Yanmar diesel

Ross Had a drawing and the C Farm and I won a cool knife  :D :D
Ray showing his

Had some lunch and all the apple pie you want. 8)

When It came time to head home, Ray came over to us and gave us a jar of his wife Brendas Blackberry Jam   digin1
I had a jar of my spring Honey for him. Like the one in the pic. :D :D :D :D

Had a good time and was nice to see old friends
A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

Yes it was nice to see old friends and swap canning jars.  ;D  I had a good time with Peter and his wife Ann.

Jim_Rogers

Yesterday, I took a little time off and went to fair.

I wanted to see a display that has some of the wood I cut in it.

And I wanted to see an group of Axewomen from Maine do a demonstration of their skills.

But before I got to the show place, while walking around I found this "sand castle":

It was pretty large and showed the Axewomen and their skidder on this side.
I got to the grand stands kind of early but it was good to get a fairly good seat in the second row.

A customer strolled by and sat near me so we could chat.

I could see all the "Logrite" stuff they use. The stands and brackets holding the logs were all "blue"....

After a short while, the stands started to fill up some. I'm glad I got there early.

There were only three Axewomen in this show, but it was a good one.

They started out with some high powered chainsaws and did a raise to see who could cut off the log the fastest.

The girl on my side won that one:

You can see her orange chaps as she was starting her saw.

Next all three took turns throwing axes at the red and white target.

Again the girl on my side won by points:

Next the got out some very large cross cut saws and did another race cutting off the log:

Next they did the "chopping" that was very scary to watch them on top of the blocks in sneakers chopping with razor sharp axes:

After that the did some log rolling in the pool.

They didn't get all wet but they did get some wet when the fell off.

Best two out of three won.

The crowd loved the show.

I didn't go over and meet them as I wanted to go see the 8 horse hitch pulling the wagon around the arena but when I got to the arena all seats were full and the chain was across the stairway and the guard was not letting anyone in. So I missed seeing them in the arena. But I have seen that show before anyway.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Peter Drouin

Looks like you had a good time. And the sand castle, I see them at all the fairs, The people that can do work like that my hat is off to them.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Alissa

Awesome play by play of our show! Thank you so much for coming to see us! We loved the Topsfield Fair. Really hoping to be invited back!

Thank You Sponsors!