iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Upper Peninsula Firefighters Tournament

Started by chet, July 26, 2003, 07:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

We successfully defended our title.   8)   8)    8)    8)

The West Iron County Fire Department is the 109th Annual Upper Peninsula Firefighter's Tournament overall winner.   :)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Mark M

Is it true that your's was the only team there Chet?? Congratulations 8)

:D :D :D

chet

Nope, dats not true. We were one of over 60 represented Departments from across the U.P. This year we were proud to add Florence, WI to the association.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Mark M

That's pretty DanG good Chet. My boy is starting Firefighters School over in Duluth next month. He is pretty excited about it.

Mark

chet

Good luck to your son, Mark. We need more men and women like him.  With all the new training requirements in recent years it's getting harder and harder to attract new personel into the fireservice.

Ron Scott

Chet,

Congratulations! I know that the competetion was tough. Also, Crystal Falls must have appreciated all the "action". It must have been a busy couple weeks up there with the Rodeo, Firemen's Tournament etc.

~Ron

chet

Ron,
Next year will be even busier, as we will be hosting the tournament in Iron River again. So it will be rodeo and tournament in two weeks. I guess we like the punishment as we did it 2001 too.

CHARLIE

Congratulations Chet!  How did your hand hold up during the competition?  Our Dover Volunteer Fire Department won a competition like that about 3 years ago but I haven't heard that they have won anything since.

I remember the fun I had when I lived in Stewartville, Minnesota on 4th of July celebrations. The Stewartville Volunteer Fire Department would string a cable between two booms with a beer keg hanging in the middle. Men in the town would form teams of 4.  A team was on each end of the cable with a fire hose and the object was to push the keg back over the other team using the water from the fire hose. Lots of fun and cool and wet! 8)  
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Thank You Sponsors!