iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

cooker recommendation

Started by r.man, April 19, 2013, 08:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

r.man

I am not one for gadgets, I could quite happily cook most of my meals in a deep frying pan but I have been using a rice cooker lately and I am very happy with it for its consistency and ease of use. Self contained, plug in, with a removable washable cooking container and lid, you add water and rice in the specified amounts and then turn it on and walk away. When you check later the rice is made and the machine is on warm to keep it hot without burning. I was never a rice eater because I tend to get distracted and burn it but this solves that problem. I have also recently started adding things to the water with good results. So far it has been varying amounts of mushroom soup concentrate to find the correct amount but I am also going to try soup stock to see how that works. I would highly recommend this machine, it was inexpensive and works well.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

limbrat

we use three different sizes but were big rice eaters. the medium one lives on the counter by the coffee pot. with a little salt water and the rack you can steam everything from asparagus to shrimp. i like to steam bream and pick them to make a gratin when the grandkids come over and catch a mess. the steamer is the best way to warm cooked meat like smoked sausage or leftover roasted beef or chicken or what ever. you can make some good smothered potatoes in there too.
ben

drobertson

Never heard of the rice cooker?  must be a dandy, I have  found that a good fall back is the old baking technique, makes nice fluffy rice, just have to set the timer and not forget, 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!