iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Oil stabilizer

Started by logman81, April 14, 2012, 03:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logman81

Hey was just wondering if it would be ok to use some Lucas oil stabilizer in my 4-53 to help keep this engine running for a long time or is this a bad idea? I'm using Rotella T1 40wt for oil and just thaught that a little additional additive would help reduce wear on the engine. Any thoughts?
Precision Firewood & Logging

snowstorm

you dont need it. shouldnt hurt anything

barbender

Snake oil IMO. You're DD will make plenty of sludge in short order that will serve the same purpose ;D
Too many irons in the fire

bushmechanic

Oil changes on a regular basis will give you years of service.You don't need anything else.

ScottAR

Do some reading on oil additives such as Lucas and you may find the results interesting.  Most of em tend to foam and render the antifoaming additives in the motor oil useless.  Bobistheoilguy.com/ has done some experiments on several oil additive products and posted his results. 
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

sealark37

Shell Rotella and new filters will do all you can do.  Clogged air filters cause as much damage as dirty oil.  Regards, Clark

Migal

Quote from: sealark37 on April 17, 2012, 10:44:16 PM
Shell Rotella and new filters will do all you can do.  Clogged air filters cause as much damage as dirty oil.  Regards, Clark

I second this a sign is black smoke of poor air filter the way a DD blows oil really all you would need is a filter change and rotella ran in a diesel leaves a clean rack when adjusting
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

logman81

Sounds good guys I'll skipp the oil additive and run rotella 40wt and change it offten. ;D Buy the way I just got finished painting it it came out great looks like a new machine. ;)

barbender

I'm going to ask Jeff to have you banned if you don't post some pictures of that thing logman :) This is way too much teasing!

logman81

I would like to share pics but I no longer have a computer and the only way I can use one is go to the local libary and use the one there. :(

barbender

Are you using a smart phone?

logman81

No just a basic cheap cell phone :(

lumberjack48

This is very interesting, especially about Ford

http://www.carbibles.com/additives.html
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Thank You Sponsors!