iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A (half) a day with Raider Bill

Started by wildbill, March 02, 2014, 10:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

LeeB

The bowl in the lower right of the picture is pecan. Keep your tools sharp. They will dull quickly.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Magicman

During my woodworking years, Pecan was my favorite species to work with.  I bought a truckload of 1" lumber that had been sawn from a very large tree.  I always told my customers that they were getting a rare treasure because the lumber was beautiful with the natural black ambrosia beetle holes.  Some wanted additional pieces later, but the lumber was gone.  Pecan is not always bad  smiley_devil
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

There are several immutable truths in the Universe.

1).  What goes up, must come down - Gravity
2).  All things tend toward disorder - 2nd Law of Thermodynamics
3).  Pecan limbs fall
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Oh don't mention them.  There are twelve Pecan trees in the front and back yards at the Cabin.  Many more in the area that we mow.  My second most hated thing has gotta be Pecan limbs.  Not too far behind the limbs are the trees themselves.  Only six out of the twelve are nut producers.  The others just provide shade.....and limbs.   :-\

WDH

I see that you understand  :D. 

The finished wood is beautiful.  It is just all the other parts of the process that are the  smiley_devil.  Being a hickory goes that  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!