iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New guy Intro

Started by Greenhorn Sawyer, April 26, 2014, 11:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenhorn Sawyer

Hello everyone,

I've been reading threads here for a while, and they have been incredibly helpful, so I decided to join. I just bought a mill last October, a Hudson HFE-36 Homesteader, which I bought for personal use, and to make a little money on the side. I have a hard time explaining to most people that I just really enjoy cutting logs into lumber, I just wish I'd "discovered" this many years ago.

At any rate, I'm learning something every time I cut a log, and I just sold my first order Friday. So, yes, I'm totally new, and won't have much to contribute for a while, but I look forward to meeting some great folks here.
Hudson HFE-36 Homesteader.

hardtailjohn

Welcome to the forum!
John
I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

goose63

Welcome to the forum have fun making saw dust .
send some pictures
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

drobertson

Howdy greenhorn, glad you got on,   send pics any ole time you feel like,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Ga Mtn Man

Welcome to The Forum Greenhorn Sawyer!  We're all sawdust addicts here...no explaining required.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

SawyerBrown

Welcome, Greenhorn!  Good to have you on board.
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

thecfarm

You won't have to convince us about how much fun it is to saw logs into lumber.  :D   
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Thanks for the intro, Greenhorn Sawyer.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

justallan1

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Greenhorn.
There's lots to see and learn on here, that's for sure.

Allan

dgdrls

Welcome to the FF, GhS

Nice intro, the Southern Tier is a large area what town are u in/near?

Best DGDrls

21incher

Welcome to the Forestry forum Greenhorn Sawyer. I think we all share the same feelings as you and it is a great place to learn.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

yukon cornelius

welcome! this is a great forum with the nicest, most helpful people I have ever found!
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

clww

Welcome to the Forestry Forum. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Greenhorn Sawyer

Quote from: dgdrls on April 27, 2014, 08:26:50 AM
Welcome to the FF, GhS

Nice intro, the Southern Tier is a large area what town are u in/near?

Best DGDrls

I'm in the Corning area, my mill is set up near Addison.

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Dad2FourWI

Welcome to The Forum Greenhorn Sawyer!

You are not alone... we are sitting here learning from the pros too!!! :)

A great resource of information and the members are _very_ patient with us "greenies"  :D

-Dad2FourWI
LT-40, LT-10, EG-50, Bobcat T750 CTL, Ford 1910 tractor, tree farmer

Greenhorn Sawyer

A couple people asked for pics, so this is a test to see if I can figure out how to post them. This is the white pine I started on Friday, 32" dia. at the big end, 17 feet long, which I think is about the most my saw can handle.

Thank You Sponsors!