iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

my friends milling operation

Started by Tripp, September 18, 2009, 07:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripp

I know how the forum likes pics, so here are a few of my friends milling operation. He does a lot of reclaimed heart pine flooring, flooring of all types, log siding, siding of many types, trim, builds furniture. Heck the list goes on and on. He is also a great primitive archer and bow maker. If it is a specialty product he can produce it. His name is Lee Yelton and name of his company is Specialty Lumber in Appling Ga.

He is the fine fellow that sold me the belsaw and planer. I have been working for him for the past few weeks and he keeps sending me home with more equipment. This  arrangement could get interesting.

The last couple of pics are of a wadkin 6 head molder he bought a couple weeks ago. We built the log sided building and moved the planer into it. That sucker is heavy! The machine needs a little work, but it will be making shavings soon.

Tripp

Don K

Looks like an interesting operation. Thanks for the pics.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Brad_S.

Fire inspector would be all over me like a hobo on a ham sandwich if I ever had a sawdust pile like that!
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

beenthere

Looks like you are going to become a great influence on him, by the looks of that new building.  8)

Can ya get him on to the Forum?

More shavings, bigger pile.  :)

Thanks for the pics.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Tripp

He may get involved in the forum. He does read the posts a few times a week, but he has not joined yet. During the day we talk a good bit about what is going on here, so we might get him on at some point.

Tripp

Mooseherder

C'mon Lee.  We want to hear all about your operation! :)

Frickman

I haven't seen a pile of sawdust like that in a long time. The local livestock and horse owners would have it cleaned up in a week here. And PAY me to shovel it on their truck too. I don't even have to load it.

It looks like you have your very own log dog in third picture. What's his/her name?
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

WDH

The sawdust and the dog were my favorites  ;D.  That new building is very handsome!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

logwalker

What kind of planer is that sitting in the sawshed? Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

Ron R.

Shoot, I'm looking forward to the day I have a sawdust pile half that size. Tripp, hopefully  you can talk Lee into getting on the forum and sharing more with us. Sounds like he would have lots to share....................Ron R.

Thank You Sponsors!