iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Any Experience with Compression Restore Additives?

Started by Chefblair, October 09, 2018, 09:13:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chefblair

I have a box store Poulan Pro that won't start due to low compression. I put new ring on what is a clean, scratch-free piston and cylinder. Didn't change compression at all >:(  What else could be causing top head compression loss? I sealed it up with good liquid gasket and spark plug treads in tight. would love to have her turn over and make the rebuild worth the time and effort. 

There is a product called RVS Power that claims their chainsaw nanotech oil will fill in gaps and restore to near factory specs. Snake oil or worth the $30?  Don't really care about this saw as it gave me 15 years of good service but would like to have it as a back up to my Stihl 28 WB

sawguy21

Once they have your $30 they don't care whether it works or not. If a new ring doesn't cure it there must be some serious wear. Have you checked compression with a gauge?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

dougand3

For $28, you can get a new topend. Search web for Partner 350 cylinder. This is for a non strato Poulan (2004 and earlier). A strato Poulan (2005 and newer) topend is AKA McCulloch 842. Costs ~$48.
Husky: 372xt, 272xp, 61, 55 (x3)...Poulan: 315, 4218 (x3), 2375, 2150, 2055, 2000 (x3)...Stihl 011AVT...Homelite XL...Saws come in broken, get fixed or parted, find new homes

HolmenTree

New rings in a old piston with worn out ring grooves won't hold the rings flat to the cylinder wall and not properly seat.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

Thank You Sponsors!