iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

f 250

Started by coxy, January 07, 2018, 11:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

I have a 16 f 250 gas this morning the speedo didn't work and the mileage counter didn't work after about 7m the speedo started working and about 40m later the mileage counter started working anyone have an idea what it maybe 

sandhills

Sorry I can't give you a better answer but right now I blame everything on the cold  :)

Kbeitz

If it's still built like the old ones the cable spins a magnet. There is a cup around
the magnet. The cup gets dragged along by the spinning magnet. If it gets cold
enough the cup wont move. If the cup doesn't move the needle doesn't move.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

21incher

You answered your own question. It's a FORD. ;D ;D ;D
I had a new 89 F250 460 that did something like that. When you stepped on the brakes the dash went wild. Ford had 2 techs tear every wire harness on the truck open and after 2 days they found a short in one of them.  :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

moosehunter

No cable on a 2016. Either the speed sensor (it may use the abs system ) or the instrument cluster.
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

moosehunter

Coxy, I see you are in NY. United Radio in Syracuse can rebuild/repair your instrument cluster if it isn't still under warranty.
By the way, over the years I have sent 10 times as many chevy clusters out for repair than all the other brands combined.
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Dave Shepard

You must not work on S series Internationals. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

coxy

Quote from: moosehunter on January 07, 2018, 12:47:31 PM
No cable on a 2016. Either the speed sensor (it may use the abs system ) or the instrument cluster.
ummmm i unplugged the worthless abs and traction control :o maybe that's what is wrong  21 I would walk before buying another shipv or a dog  :D :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I think its just the cold weather Coxy.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

coalsmok

Speedometer works off of the rear ABS sensors.  Had mine cut once lost everything until they were fixed

newoodguy78

Is it a possibility the sensor got a taste of all that. NYS road salt? That dang stuff wrecks everything

rospaw

Quote from: coxy on January 07, 2018, 11:18:30 AM
I have a 16 f 250 gas this morning the speedo didn't work and the mileage counter didn't work after about 7m the speedo started working and about 40m later the mileage counter started working anyone have an idea what it maybe

Happened on mine with all you listed and the fuel gauge. Found out it was the button to reset the mileage. It sometimes hangs up and does not come out. Press it and let it "flick" back.
P.S. GOOD choice on the Ford!

Bruno of NH

They gm clusters have gone out on 3 of my trucks
Fun stuff
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

thecfarm

I've got a Colorado,chevy,bought it from a dealer used. Gas gauge did not work. They replaced the cluster,gas gauge works,the thing that keeps track of the milage don't.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

roger 4400

I had a 2000 f250, it did the same 2 times. I do not know if 2016 and 2000 have the same speed system. The solution at that time was to go on the rear diff (on top) over it there is a plug that is a magnet and read how many time the ring gear turns. You unscrew  this plug ( 3/8 in. I think ) clean this little magnet that will have some metal shaving on it and it is why the speedometer cannot read the ring gear speed. My diff was a 4.10
Easy to do . Good luck.Roger
Mine was not working on even indicating wrong speed.Yours is a 2016 so I guess on warranty by Ford !

Baker 18hd sawmill, massey Ferguson 1643, Farmi winch, mini forwarder, Honda foreman 400, f-250, many wood working tools, 200 acres wooden lots,6 kids and a lovely and a comprehensive wife...and now a Metavic 1150 m14 log loader so my tractor is a forwarder now

Southside

I think those sensor wires are held in place with a bikini line, so that may be your issue?   :D :D 8)
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Gearbox

If it is like my older one . When the speed sensor go the converter lock up quits to. good luck . They are easy to change . Just one bolt . Cheap to .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

coxy

it seem to be working now but I'm going to take the fuse back out and see if it des it again  them anti lock brakes and traction control suck  ford will get it back there has to be a way to disable it  the button on the dash only disables the rear and when you try to fish tail it the ones in the front come on errrrrr 

Dave Shepard

ABS on dry pavement sort of works. Dangerous on snow and ice.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

coxy

Quote from: Dave Shepard on January 08, 2018, 07:27:03 PM
ABS on dry pavement sort of works. Dangerous on snow and ice.
tell me about it

Dave Shepard

My '02 F350 would push the pedal up and offer zero braking and you would just run over your own mailbox in slow motion.  :D

21incher

The ABS on my 05 F350 works great on snow. Once the motor kicks in the pedal bounces but it stops really good when empty. With a load it never kicks in. If only I  could find calipers that last more then a couple years.
You should have it looked at. May only take a simple software update to fix.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Dave Shepard

I solved the problem at the junkyard.  ;D

dgdrls

I've seen discussion  both ways,

To me, you have to have a full set of good snows first and foremost
then a little ballast if its a truck.

D

coxy

it don't even stop with chains on they should take them antilock brakes and shove them where the sun don't shine

Thank You Sponsors!