iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Has this guy got a point?

Started by Ernie, April 21, 2008, 04:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logwalker

Quote from: ARKANSAWYER on April 22, 2008, 02:41:16 PM

The guy maybe a nut but atleast he has a plan.

This one got me going. :D :D  Very true. A lot of people with their heads in the sand.
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

DouginUtah

This is the secret plan. We are going to continue on this way until we can't anymore.   :D

Okay. I tried to keep out of this one, but I'm weak.  ;D

The American food crisis has begun. Google Load up the Pantry for today's Wall Street Journal article.
Did anyone hear Glenn Beck's second hour today? Where's the Wheat? Transcript available on his web site until tomorrow's update. He's telling it like it is.

If ignorance is bliss - why aren't more people happy?  :D
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

snowman

I semi agree with the article. Life as we know it or have known it is coming to an end. Cheap fuel is gone and isn't coming back. It used to be when gas got high,the economy shrank, people drove less, gas went down.Now however we have emerging economies like china and india useing gas too. We no longer control the market. Theres more people every day consuming more food,more fuel etc. Cheap foods gone forever too, supply and demand is a real thing, then add in cost of fuel to make and transport that food. These are some of the reasons I am moving to a very remote acerage, making my own hydro power, water from my own spring etc.  I'll be as self sufficient as you can realisticly be. I'm not doing this to "save the world", I'm not a survivalist, I just want to retire and live as cheap as possible. Old wore out timber fallers have no retirement plan,we just have bowed backs and bad knees. :D

Brad_S.

I have long thought that the Great American Way of Life was unsustainable and bound to crash. Look at all the urban and suburban people who have no clue where the staples of their life come from. Too many taking and not enough giving.
Then too, I thought the Y2K computer thing would be the catalyst for waking this country up but we all know how that debacle played out. ::)

Quote from: snowman on April 23, 2008, 09:31:49 AM
Old wore out timber fallers have no retirement plan,we just have bowed backs and bad knees. :D
I liked Dwaynes response on "Axe Men". Roughly quoted, he said "I'll work till the day I fall over dead and call that retirement." :D
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

crtreedude

Quote from: Gary_C on April 22, 2008, 11:47:26 AM

Wow Fred. A little pessimistic these days?   :D :D

He who sticks his head in the sand gets his you know what kicked...  ::)  :D

I am not at all pessimistic about myself and my family - I have resources, lots of them.  But, I track a lot on resources, since I invest in them.

Also, regarding predicting. Those who predict accurately, make a lot of money - and I have.  :D For example, between 2006 and 2007 wood jumped in price here 26 %. I predicted it and prepared for it. I am very happy I did. It was because of dwindling resources. Supply and Demand may be trite - but it is true.

Those who don't watch for trends and predict them, end up getting hosed when the bubble bursts.

Not sure I would downplay predicting trends and watching markets... That is usually what the hucksters tell you.

So, how did I end up here anyway?

fencerowphil (Phil L.)

I have to admit that the overall world picture for future prices on energy and food
do NOT look much better to me than "not promising."  When I read the article which
started all this discussion,  I thought, "Well, maybe I should sell downtown and move
out into the country." 
:-\
Room to saw, and room to revive my teenage years' enjoyment
of veggie gardening.  That forgotten love might just pay off, huh? 
Back then I would get my grandmother's Organic Gardening
magazines and drool over the Troybuilts and home composer designs.
Of course the Troys were too high for my young budget, and the
composting just ended up being done under a sheet of old poly. 

[Yep, I am STILL a weird kid.] :D
Bi-VacAtional:  Piano tuner and sawyer.  (Use one to take a vacation from the other.) Have two Stihl 090s, one Stihl 075, Echo CS8000, Echo 346,  two Homely-ite 27AVs, Peterson 10" Swingblade Winch Production Frame, 36" and 54"Alaskan mills, and a sore back.

Thank You Sponsors!