iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

bird houses?

Started by Keltic, January 19, 2004, 11:31:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keltic

Anyone have any good sites for bird house plans? Eastern Norh America perferably, FMK

jjmk98k

I would guess your Department of Conservation, wildlife and Natural resources website ( or local office) would offer up some plans, specific for your area...

just a thought 8)

Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

L. Wakefield

pre www, the bluebird folks were probably the most prolific in advertising, running programs in schools etc, and I bet they woved over to the www when it became available. You could try a search on blue bird houses or like that.  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Keltic

Thanks for the responces, blue birds are moving east but haven't made it here yet. Dept of Resources is a good idea. I have to put up lots of tree swallow boxes to try and help our mosquito problem, have a good day! FMK

Ron Scott

There are many plans out there. Check with the Audubon, Extension Service, State DNR's, USDA-Forest Service, Conservation District offices, school wood shop instructors, local library etc.

Bird houses are ususally constructed for the type species one wishes to attract though many are similar with the size and shape of entry hole maybe being the only difference.

A Goggle Search for "Bird House Plans" should bring up links offering many plans to choose from. Bat houses are also popular.

~Ron

Tom

Stephen_Wiley

Love your bird illustration Tom. :D :D

Truly a picture which saids a thousand words (knowing your recent set of unwanted circumstances)
" If I were two faced, do you think I would be wearing this one?"   Abe Lincoln

Thank You Sponsors!