iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Still cutting crooked...Help!

Started by music_boy, November 04, 2003, 07:52:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

music_boy

After making first sawdust and discovering not so square  4\4, I re-adjusted the bearings buy loosening them up so the blade was free. I checked the blade level with the first bed cross piece. The blade is not level all the way across!  I looked at the situation and discovered that the material on the one band wheel is thicker than the drive belt by a good 1\8 " Multiply that across the distance of the cut, and there's a pretty good error there. Am I missing something, ??? Is there some adjustment I'm missing? Instructions that came with are lacking in direction .
Thanks
Rick
It's not how much YOU love, it is how much you ARE loved that matters. (Wizard of OZ)

Kevin

There should be adjustment on the guides as well as the head.
I would contact the manufacturer via email and ask them.
Did you level and string the bed?

music_boy

Well, I figured it out.
     Lesson Learned:       :P      Don't screww with stuff  you think you know somwthin about, but don't. When got the mill, I had to run the head up and down just like a real bandsaw man. When the head reached the top, I noticed it was uneven. So, I got my trusty tools out and fixed that!!!  Well, :(  ::)guess what, that screws things up at the bottom where it matters. :-X. I lossened the bearings, and dropped the high side of the head down. Re-adjusted the bearings. It is true across the beam now.
      I'd have been better off with a kit. That way I would have learned what everthing does and would have this need to "tinker" outa my system.
 Rick
It's not how much YOU love, it is how much you ARE loved that matters. (Wizard of OZ)

ADfields

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

If you only knew all the extra work I have made for myself just like that you would cry for me!!! :'(
Andy

UNCLEBUCK

hi musicboy, sounds like you are having fun now, hope you show lots of pictures sawing ok. take care of those pickin fingers  ;D
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

music_boy

Unclebuck,
     Them fingers that pick, also push the camera button ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Rick

Thank You Sponsors!