iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Find Of The Day - What’s Your Guess?

Started by OffGrid973, March 20, 2019, 04:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OffGrid973

Heard the saws blazing on the way home and the offer to help avoid firewood rounds was generously accepted.  What type of wood do you think I am working with here? 

Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

Ljohnsaw

I'm guessing ash.  How about some close-up shots of the end grain?
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Old Greenhorn

Looks like maple. Run a metal detector over it and good luck.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

esteadle

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Southside

Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

WV Sawmiller

Dumb guess I am sure based on NJ location but otherwise I'd think Pecan.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

BenTN

I'll 6th it and say silver maple. Might luck into some ambrosia staining.

OffGrid973

Silver it is...great colors coming from the crotch and should be able to get 3 solid 2.5" slabs with all the movement shown.

Called it quits when the inclusion dulled out the 4degree in seconds as it was almost done. Resaw tomorrow to level out the last cut, luckily the slabs weigh ~80 lbs so easy to nibble the top off.

Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

Thank You Sponsors!