iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got some firewood lined up

Started by landscraper, October 23, 2014, 09:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

landscraper

Started a clearing job last week, going to get some good firewood out of it.

Don't usually run into this much locust in one place around here.  I guess that pile is 4-5 loads in a tandem dump truck, 8-10 cords maybe.  Some of that wood was standing or laying dead, shouldn't take as long to season that.  Even got a few solid butt logs from some of the bigger locust, going to save those in case an opportunity presents itself.

Also going to get about 50 tandem loads of mixed hardwood, mostly white and red oak, but some cherry, hickory, persimmon, maple too.  Those sycamore logs are in the wrong pile  :-\ some of the guys helping me think all trees are either oak or pine  :D.  This pile is about 10-15 loads, got a few more piles and more left to cut and stack. 

Also got several loads of pine and oak saw logs, and a bunch of cedar ranging from post size to sawlogs.  This was an overgrown field from many years back I suspect,  all the white oaks had branches and leaders starting out much lower than forest trees = less saw logs, more firewood.

Firewood is energy independence on a personal scale.

timberlinetree

I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

ed in idaho

nice pile of wood that should keep you bizzy for awhile 8)

Ed

landscraper

I resurrected an older Brute processor earlier this year, got all some of the bugs worked out of it to where I can make firewood all day, and I'm going to make a go of working this wood up to sell.  If it sells, great!  If it doesn't I'll burn it in my OWB until it rots lol.  I'm projecting 100 cords off this particular job.  That's all I'm going to try to split and sell this first go-round.  Nothing ventured nothing gained.
Firewood is energy independence on a personal scale.

NWP

What I wouldn't give for those piles right now.
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

ckhenshaw4

Firewood logs are hard to come by here right now.  People panicing after last years cold winter.  I can't get another load of logs until May of 2015. 
Getting TOO old to "man handle" wood anymore. Looking at building a firewood processor.

Thank You Sponsors!