iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Walnut roots

Started by dboyt, November 21, 2012, 01:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dboyt

Slabslicer, what wood are those burls from?  Looks like you turned them out of marble!  Bet people really enjoy Christmas & birthday gifts from you!  Nice work!
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

clww

Great workmanship dboyt and Slab Slicer! ;)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Slab Slicer

Quote from: dboyt on January 04, 2013, 03:48:33 AM
Slabslicer, what wood are those burls from?  Looks like you turned them out of marble!  Bet people really enjoy Christmas & birthday gifts from you!  Nice work!

Those are maple burls. Can't remember which maple in particular though. Salvaged them off of a tree that we were removing for a customer. I spent 10 years with a tree service, and now just work off and on with the guy. He's one of my log sources also.

I just recently started turning again. It's been a bunch of years. These are the first I've ever turned from a burl. Since then, I'm getting requests for them all the time. I have a few other rough burls that are destine for the lathe, so I better get to turning again soon.  ;D
2016 LT35HDG25, Kubota L2501 w/ FEL, Kubota BX1500 w/FEL and custom skidding rig, Stihl MS 500i, Stihl MS362-25", Stihl MS250-20", Stihl MS192-18",  2001 F250 SD 7.3, GMC Sierra Dually 6.0 gasser, Peaqua 16" 10K trailer, Sur-Trac 12' Dump Trailer 10K
Chuck

dboyt

Quote from: Tree Feller on January 02, 2013, 04:58:45 PM
That's a very attractive table. Would it be too much trouble to post a pic of the underside? I am interested in seeing how the legs are attached.

The table is in a gallery about 30 miles away.  Next time I'm up there, I'll get photos.  I believe the woodworker drilled blind holes into the bottom, rounded the ends of the legs to fit & glued them in.
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

Magicman

It is nice to see the fruits of your labors turned into a thing of beauty.   :)

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!