iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Seen it once on here

Started by Radar67, April 18, 2009, 08:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishpharmer

Whoohoo, yippee!!!  I finally guessed myself onto the right answer.  I appreciate the experts giving an amateur wanabe (no spelling)forester a shot.

I must admit the clues helped. Alot.  (Google too actually ;))  I was stumped til you gave the list.  Last pic clinched it.  Glad you didn't show pic of trunk, wouldn't have helped atall.

What did I win? :D ;D 8) 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Radar67

A personal guided tour of the growing site.  ;)
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Lanier_Lurker

Radar, yours are much further along than mine.  Mine are not far past bud break.  Certainly no blooms yet.

Maybe WDH or Dodgy can tell us whether the leaves are opposite - or whorled?   ::)

Radar67

It's my understanding that a whorled leaf will have three or more leaves around the stem. I read these leaves were opposite.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Tom

A plant that has a World of leaves, has a bunch of them.  ;D

SwampDonkey

Most plants that have whorled leaf arrangement will usually be alternate. You'll get the whorled look at the terminus of a branch. Close inspection and you'll see that the leaves will alternate in a tight spiral fashion. Not to confuse leaf whorl with conifer branch whorls, the needles will often spiral up the branch in single or double rows. Could be a tight spiral (more revolutions per inch) or more spaced. Could depend on species, but many times could depend on growth response to light conditions.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

Fringe tree is in the ash family so it is legitimately opposite :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!