iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Surgery

Started by kenskip1, June 20, 2005, 08:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenskip1

To all the great Chainsaw personel,
     I will be out of commission for about 4-6 weeks because of having spinal surgery on my neck tomorrow morning.This has been an on going problem and I am having it addressed The herniated disk btween C5-C6 is putting pressure against my spinal cord, causing an abundance of discomfort. Wish me luck, Ken
Stihl The One
Stihl Going Strong
Stihl Looking For The Fountain of Middle Age

Steve

I'll be thinking of you Ken. I know how scary that must be.

steve
Steve
Hawaiian Hardwoods Direct
www.curlykoa.com

Kevin

Hang in there Ken and keep us posted on your recovery, we all wish you a speedy one!

Tell the doctor we need pictures.  :D

mike_van

Ken, good luck - Don't push that 4 - 6 weeks either,  6-8 or whatever it takes. I've had 2 of these lower on L3 L4,  stuff pushes out, gets my left leg. The 2nd wasn't as  good as the first, oh, to be 18 again.
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

beenthere

We'll be thinkin and prayin for you, and wish you a comfortable 4-6 weeks or more.
Just missed, earlier this spring, having my wife in for surgery on her crushed T-12 vertebrae. Dodged the knife, but she had to wear a full back brace for 3 months. Keep up your best spirits and look ahead at better days.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

kenskip1

Thank you for the kind words.
    This will be my third trip for spinal injuries. My past one was in 92. BAK titanium spinal fusion bone cages in between L4-L5-S1. I had to whear a back brace for close to a year. On good note, while in the hospital with the fashionable attire I was wearing, I had "Three Marrage proposals," all young women. Michelob Lite contributions cheerfully accepted, Thanks Ken
Stihl The One
Stihl Going Strong
Stihl Looking For The Fountain of Middle Age

DanG

Good Luck, Ken!  Just remember, once the Doc has done his thing, the rest is up to you.   Take care of yourself.

Let us know how it went as soon as you're up to it.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Fla._Deadheader

Good Luck, Ken.  Take the recovery real slow.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

davefrommd

Hey Ken, I myself don't feel to comfortable about hospitals however you should feel fortunate that they are able to help you.  We just have to hope for the best and do our best after words. I hope your operation goes well. dave

OneWithWood

Good luck, Ken.  We hope to see you back here as soon as you are able.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

jokers

Hi Ken,

Good luck with your upcoming surgery. Not to minimalize your plight at all, but just to remind you that most surgery of this type has become so routine that it is nothing to be worried about.

How long will you be in the hospital? Rome, Oneida,......? Give me a shout, I`ll come over to break the monotony for you.  :D

Russ

tony_marks

when something like that puts a working man down he has my sympathy.
just about went crazy ,waiting to get back full sped,after my shoulder op. but on back surgery, do take a lotto  get well time. my doctor said ,almost all back surgeries are successful. but the oerson gets feeling better and next thing you know,, you have undone the docs good work.this waiting aint an easy thing for a  working man. ,i know that. u have my sympathies.

maple flats

Good luck and don't rush the recovery. Do exactly as the doc says. As soon as you feel good enough update us but be careful not to spend too much time at the computer early on, setting too long can strain that type of repair. Give it all the time you need.
Maple Flats
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Ernie

You don't need luck Ken, the good Lord takes care of the nice folks.

Have faith.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

SwampDonkey

Best of luck with your operation and recovery. Had a cousin a few years ago take surgery to his back and my brother has back problems for which he takes meds and can't work.

Take care of yourself, your only going through this world once. ;)

cheers
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sawguy21

I know you are not looking forward to it. All the best.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!