iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tillitson Carb question....

Started by mrcaptainbob, December 28, 2018, 10:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrcaptainbob

Doing a rebuild on a Tillitson carb #62. There's a gasket that fits over the diaphragm, but...not sure which side of diaphragm it goes on.
carb body/thick gasket/diaphragm/cover plate
                   or
carb body/diaphragm/thick gasket/cover plate

any ideas?

dougand3

Depends on which diaphragm.

carb body/thick gasket/METERING diaphragm/cover plate 

carb body/FUEL PUMP diaphragm/thick gasket/cover plate

Husky: 372xt, 272xp, 61, 55 (x3)...Poulan: 315, 4218 (x3), 2375, 2150, 2055, 2000 (x3)...Stihl 011AVT...Homelite XL...Saws come in broken, get fixed or parted, find new homes

Al_Smith

carb---spacer gasket--diaphragm---cover .If you get them reversed it will flood .For future reference if you "google" Tillotson you can find the stack up on just about any carb they made ,trouble shooting etc .

Mad Professor

These are for the 028 and HS series.

What is a #62 off of?

mrcaptainbob

It's off of an older Poulan Pro ...um....062A I think. It's in the barn, I'm in the house.
The problem was no fuel. Cleaned things up. A lot! THought I'd check the fuel filter, but could not get it out of the tank. Saw body has a tank cap held in place by a single slotted screw. Hmmmm...there was fuel in the tank, but it was below the fuel filter. The fuel line was about as stiff as if it were made of steel and was holding the filter about mid-height in the tank. Put on a new, more flexible, fuel line. Will fire it up tomorrow to see if there's any success.

mrcaptainbob

It's a 306A with an 18" bar. It works GREAT now! Well, sorta. Having  bit of a time with the idle. To keep it running it spins the chain. Slowing it down enough to keep the chain only slightly moving and the engine stalls. But it does start right up! Diced up some cherry with it. I'm pleased enough with it.

mrcaptainbob

By the way.....thank you all for your help.

Mad Professor

Quote from: mrcaptainbob on December 30, 2018, 06:07:15 PM
It's a 306A with an 18" bar. It works GREAT now! Well, sorta. Having  bit of a time with the idle. To keep it running it spins the chain. Slowing it down enough to keep the chain only slightly moving and the engine stalls. But it does start right up! Diced up some cherry with it. I'm pleased enough with it.
Readjust the L screw, then fix the idle.  L is probably rich, turn down idle until it's about to stall (CCW), then turn in/lean L (CW) until idle picks back up.  May have to go back and forth a few times.
When you get it running without the chain spinning, richen L (CCW) until it starts to die, note position, then back in L (CW) until it starts to race/chain spins, note position.  Halfway between the two settings is about right for L, fine tune idle. 
If saw stumbles when you gas it, might be a little lean on L, richen L (CCW) at bit.

Thank You Sponsors!