iDRY Vacuum Kilns

screen view problem

Started by beenthere, February 14, 2010, 07:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

All at once, screen view increased to large font and am not sure what caused it, or how to get it back. Settings are at 1280 x 1024, and control panel views are normal. But other IE are LARGE. Any ideas? Appreciate them as seems I've heard of this problem before. 

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Shotgun

BT,
Try holding the "Ctrl" key down, and running the mouse wheel in or out.  That changes the font size on most programs that I know of. Maybe you did it inadvertantly to make it larger.

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Jeff

I can't help. I'm making soup. ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

BEENTHERE CAN"T HAVE SOUP

Thanks, and I found the problem.  8)

First clue was learning that I was upgraded to IE 8 (I kept refusing to do that, and finally it did it without my consent).
Second move was to Google the problem, and my question had been answered, and it had to do with a Page menu setting that was zoomed out to 200%. Now all is fine, when I changed it to 100%. Not sure if there is a use for that feature, but was frustrating while it lasted.  ;D

Norm
Your method works too. Just tried it. Thanks.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Samuel

That's your problem...IE8  :D

I do not have unexplainable problems utilizing Firefox
Web: HugeDomains.com - StrategicHseSystems.com is for sale (Strategic Hse Systems)
LinkedIn http://ca.linkedin.com/in/samuelelkins
Software Solutions-
DATS | Digital Action Tracking System by ASM

SwampDonkey

Yes, what Norm said. Works the same in Firefox with the wheel and ctrl key.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))