iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Working on the mill yard

Started by Bruno of NH, August 23, 2018, 12:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

On the days when I don't have help milling or firewood o have been working on the mill yard.
My friend Ed came today with an mini-excavator and cut a tree by the mill and pulled some stumps.Moved some rocks
I will put chips out there and make more room to work.
That's Ed' s dog taking a break from my dog  :D

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Lawg Dawg

Cool Thread! I just had some work done around my Mill Yard! :)

Coming in

Widing the drive so I can get 18 wheelers in here and out

Pulled out a hole in a beaver dam...bet I got 5 acres under water over here...Dang beavers >:(

Cleared out some long leafs around the barn for the air drying shed

Got all this done for $300  8)

2018  LT 40 Wide 999cc, 2019 t595 Bobcat track loader,
John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

Bruno of NH

I'm going to saw some stuff for Ed as payment.
He has some finish work for me in the winter building some oak alters I'm the church he takes care of.
He is great guy he's from Kentucky and I can understand him Lol.
Hard worker too.
It's hard being around hard workers right now because I can't do didliey right now.
It's not my way  :(
Lawg I fight the beaver every year too.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

alan gage

Sunday morning I decided to clean up around the yard before doing any more cutting. Worked at it all day and never did get to cut anything. Sure looks better though.

Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

Bruno of NH

When your busy things can slack.
Then the yard needs a good cleaning and organizing  :)

Magicman

That will be a nice cleanup Jim.  I just noticed your selfie in the mirror.  ;)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

YellowHammer

Bruno, 
I don't know what you call messy, but your place looked real nice to me.  
Beautiful setting.

A trackhoe can get things done in a hurry. Congrats. 
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

PAmizerman

I expanded my yard a little too last week.

Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

Wudman

Not sure if I am understanding you correctly, but I would stay away from the chips as a surface material if you plan to work on them.  They are fine in the short term, but hold water like a sponge as they break down.  My in woods chippers like to use them to surface around their decks when working.  I have to move them to maintain my roads.  The ground will stay saturated under them.

Wudman
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

Bruno of NH

My pond is behind the mill don't want to place gravel that close.
I have use chopped pine needles and leaves out of a landscape grinder for years as fill on my place.
With great results that what I will end up using.

Thank You Sponsors!