iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My country life (pics)

Started by Riggs, July 11, 2012, 10:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riggs

I take great enjoyment in our little farm and the laid back way of life it provides. Some things just have to be shared...We raise goats and have a few cows in the mix. I have one old cow that really enjoys the goats, especially the babies riding on her back. No body ever believes me when I tell them, so here is proof. It happens almost every evening just before dark. It's like a rite of passage for the goats.   I hope you get a kick out of it, I have been for years.

Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

Jeff

You should try and get some video. Thats really neat. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Patty

Oh my goodness! The pictures make me laugh, what fun times!

Animals are so much fun, we just need to take the time to enjoy them  ;)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Autocar

Bill

Magicman

That is some back scratcher for sure.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishpharmer

Thanks Riggs, for sharing some of the joys of farm life.   8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

WDH

It is obvious that the cow enjoys it too.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

All Aboarddddd.  ;D  That is funny.
What's in the background for trees,Christmas trees?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bogue Chitto

You need to take that act on the road.  FUNNY

SwampDonkey

8) :D :D  That's just amazing. Do those dang goats think the cow is momma?  ;D Funny how some animals bond.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WildDog

Great pics, reminds me of an Indian bus trip. I run goats and cattle and never seen anything like that. I bet an advertising company could include your managerie in an advert
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

Norm

That's cool!

We had an old milk cow on the farm that would let you ride it but the backbone was a bit sharp for us boys.  :D

Riggs

Thank you all, Jeff I have some video of it but am probably too computer illiterate to get it posted here. The cow was a high school graduation gift from my Grandpa a long time ago. She was bottle fed and is incredibly tame, stubborn, but tame. She does enjoy it , she will go up and stand and wait for the goats to come. I guess it scratches her back or something.

thecfarm, the trees in the background are Bradford pears and boxwood. He runs a tree farm/nursery.
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

Norm

The easiest way to post videos is to get a youtube account and load it there. Then you post the link to it in your replied message.

Riggs

Quote from: Norm on July 12, 2012, 10:18:22 AM
The easiest way to post videos is to get a youtube account and load it there. Then you post the link to it in your replied message.

Thanks Norm.

Norwood ML 26

horselogger50

The cow does look like she's enjoying it. It really is amazing how animals bond. My kids enjoyed the pics and am hoping to show them some videos.

Cypressstump

Very cool !    That cow musta been jealous of a horse being ridden at one point in her life..payback time.

Stump

Timberking 1220 25hp w/extensions -hard mounted
Case 586E 6k forklift
2001 F350 4X4,Arctic Cat 500 4 wheeler wagon hauler
Makita 6401 34",4800 Echo 20"er, and a professional 18" Poulan PRO , gotta be a 'pro' cuz it says so rite there on tha' saw..

wdtik

Thought I'd seen all the barnyard tricks but I guess not...
Then in this mornings paper---->
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/13/surfing-goats-ride-waves-in-southern-california/

BTW I've had  goats for weed control for yrs, sold kids by the semi load a
time or two. Still have a small herd at work.

Riggs

Surfing goats, and I thought I had seen it all too. Mine hate water I don't even have a fence along the back side of my field because it is lined with a creek, goats won't cross it, at least I've never had one that would.

Something new everyday.

Norwood ML 26

Andrew Lawrence

Back scratcher or school bus?
Lawrence Lot Clearing Logging                            To God be the glory

sandhills

I speak cow pretty well, she said back scratcher  ;D.  Those are some great pics Riggs, I could sit and watch that all day!

Riggs

I second the backscratcher...Will try and get a video up this weekend weather permitting.

Norwood ML 26

John_Haylow

My wife and I got a good laugh from your photos Riggs. Thanks.
John
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

Magicman

I also think that we enjoyed the pictures about as much as the cow and goats enjoy the ride.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bogue Chitto

When I first saw the pictures I woke my son up to see.

Thank You Sponsors!