iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2012 Texas Youth Hunt

Started by Texas Ranger, October 29, 2012, 03:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

Texas has a short youth hunting season prior to the general season, and some of out kids are successful.  This is from a local board.  Our effort to keep hunting, and hunters, alive in Texas.

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Raider Bill

That's really a great thing!

I'm surprised you are allowed such a high capacity mag for deer hunting. I've always only seen up to 5 rds. max.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

beenthere

She looks very happy.

They are tiny deer, but will be good eating.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

POSTON WIDEHEAD

These are times they'll ALWAYS treasure.

"Teach your kids to hunt, you'll never have to hunt your kids".
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Thanks for the reminder.  I really enjoy accompanying Grandkids during our youth season.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishpharmer

Great photo, thanks for sharing TR. 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

WildDog

I thought they were hunting young folk in Texas.  :D
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

thecfarm

In Maine the Saturday,the week before the season starts is for youth. Than the Saturday just before the season is for Maine residents only. Than on Monday everyone can hunt.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Texas Ranger

Raider Bill, this is Texas, after all. 8)

Texas Ranger

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Bogue Chitto

Good kill T.R.  Both my sons killed deer over the weekend.   8)

Texas Ranger

Just to clear a point, these are kids in our community, none are mine.  These are posted on a local board and I like to see the kids get some attention, maybe folks to join here.

Ron Scott

They have the youth hunt here over a weekend in mid September. The youth kill some very nice trophy bucks over that weekend. Some are bucks that most of us would like to see while hunting the regular season in November.
~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!