iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My Husky 55 is hungry!!

Started by Jeff_Green, January 02, 2003, 12:44:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff_Green

Well, it was running so well I thought it would never let me down!!  :D- All of a sudden it started starving for fuel  :-/- Could a small piece of sawdust have plugged it up?? .... Does anyone have any Ideas?? .... Thanks!!  ???

ADfields

First gess is a pluged filter.   2nd is an air leak in the fuel line so it gets air insted of gas.   Dont know much about Huskys so thats just my gess. :P :-/
Andy

Minnesota_boy

If you open the carburetor on the pump diaphram side, you will find a passage to the other side of the carburetor with a screen in it that is probably plugged with fine fibers.  I don't know what the fibers are, but they sure make a fine plug.  You can take a sharp toothpick and scrape them out ane the saw will run fine.  If necessary, the screen can be pulled out and blown clean from the backside with high pressure air.  You do this after you check the other two possible causes mentioned by ADFields.
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

J Beyer

Yep, had a similar problem with my Stihl 019T.  Fuel line needed replacement, think the fuel filter was replaced as well along with the air filter.  Had the problem happen again but it was because it was misting when I was sawing.  Filter got wet and caused it to sputter.

JB
"From my cold, dead, hands you dirty Liberals"

Tillaway

They are right about the small screen, filters, and fuel line.  Check those, but if you try to clean that little screen in the Carb you might as well put a kit in it, it comes with a new screen as well as everything else you need.

That leaning out is also could be a symptom of an air leak elsewhere.  This is very often a crank seal and not repairing it will sieze the saw up in a short time.  The usual thing is the saw starts to run real good then "unk" siezed.  You can check for an air leak around the seals with a can of starting fluid.  Spay it on / near the crank seals with the saw running, if the rpms pickup, then you have an air leak, and need to replace the seals.  The professional way is to do a pressure and vacuum check but this requires special tools.

PS forgot about the fuel tank vent, you can replace it as well, cheap part.  
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Thank You Sponsors!