iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

HOT Today

Started by Magicman, May 24, 2010, 07:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishfighter

This heat wave has been unreal. Heat index of 110F the last few days. :o So, no sawing and took on washing the house. At lease one can hose down if one gets to hot. ;D

DaveinNH

I have two electrical services one for my house (125 amp) and one for the 28x40 hybrid (Post and beam 1st floor and conventional home built trusses for the second floor) barn (200 amp). The bottom floor of the barn has 10 inches of insulation in the ceiling and over 5 in the walls. It is a workshop and my wife's studio. We only run the barn air conditioner when it is really hot and only run a small portable one in the bedroom on really hot nights. My wife spends a lot of time in the barn in July because she does a 9 day show at Lake Sunapee (NH) the first full week of August, but normally the air does not have to be run a lot. I get a combined bill for the two services and it normally runs between 140 and 190 a month. My bill for July came in today $315.17!!!
Wood-Mizer LT40HD26     Polaris 6x6 Big Boss
Ariens 34 Ton Splitter       Stihl 460, 261, 70

fishfighter

Last month power was under $150 for full electric house for 2600SFL. The AC has been blasting and set at 73F in the day and 70F at night. ;D Winter months is when my bill goes up unless I burn the fireplace.

Magicman

We are still in Michigan where it is cool, but my informant says that it is HOT in Mississippi because well.....it is still in Mississippi.   smiley_sweat_drop smiley_sun

I guess this picture is proof of why??
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

tnaz

:D :D  Mr. Lynn you ain't right!!!  :laugh: :laugh:

WDH

I always thought that you was a bit too close to the sun, but I never said anything about it.  Persimmon?  You just must be sun-struck.   ;D
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

fishfighter

MM, keep a eye of all this rain coming. Something like 10" in your neck of the woods. :o

Chuck White

Should be cooling down a little in this area, we are forecast to get some sorely needed rain!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Sixacresand

Cloudy and not so hot around Jacksonville Fl for the last two days. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Magicman

We are headed toward the South today.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jim_Rogers

Raining here now, suppose to off and on all day.
We'll see.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

fishfighter

Quote from: Magicman on August 10, 2016, 08:01:34 AM

Was shipped to New Orleans last night. Ticker trouble. :(

tnaz

Quote from: fishfighter on August 10, 2016, 12:57:56 PM

Hope all is well; will have y'a in our Prayers.

Terry

WV Sawmiller

I got out rode up to the top of the hill then carried a 50 lb bag of corn to my feeder and stocked it and put in new battery. Bow season starts next month a youth hunt mid October when the granddaughters can come harvest an antlerless deer.

Then hooked up my 3'X4' cart to the ATV and cut, loaded and stacked 2 loads for an ash top I cut down yesterday. Got way too hot and had to come in and take a cool shower, drink several large glasses of Koolaid for the sugar then had lunch.

It is way too hot and I am way too old to be working that hard in direct sunlight in this kind of heat. I will have to schedule my work for early morning and late afternoon.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

fishfighter

Quote from: tnaz on August 10, 2016, 04:09:45 PM

Hope all is well; will have y'a in our Prayers.

Terry

Thanks, another couple meds added. :( Doing better, but I see I will have to take it easy for a few days. :(

BigZ La

Sorry to hear that fish, hope your doing better now.

tnaz

Glad to hear you are better; take easy.

Terry

fishfighter

Back home now and the first thing I did was walk back to my mill. The wife hot on my tail like a flea on a hound dog. :D First thing she said, " don't even think about it". :D

Maybe by the weekend. I have 6 trees that I have to fell so I can get the power line ran to the camp. Really wanted to keep them, but the power company has to have a 30' clearance to pass. :(

tnaz

You better get back in that house and get ya a glass of tea.  Mama will be on you with the belt!! :D :D

That mill can wait a week.

fishfighter

You right, but logs are starting to back up. Got around 15 nice oaks to saw up.

Magicman

We are getting back into the hot.  93° now.

red

To hot means to HOT
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Kbeitz

Falls ah comming..... Smile....
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

WDH

Quote from: fishfighter on August 11, 2016, 01:31:39 PM
the first thing I did was walk back to my mill.

I see that you are a Hard Case :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

fishfighter

Yep, it's what is keeping me alive. Really. I been fighting heart failure going on 6 years. All due to a viro infection. >:( 3+ years ago, two doctors told me and my wife I had less the 6 months. Told those two doctors to just get me back up on my feet and they are fired. They just don't know me and I'm a fighter. ;D

I do have my bad days, but I try my best to make each day a good one and I give the Good Lord thanks for each day He has given me.

Thank You Sponsors!