iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

husky XP266 took a crap

Started by Palletmiller, February 18, 2004, 04:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palletmiller

I have a older model xp266 (i think its a 1986) piston and cylinder are shot , with this saw being this old should i get it fixed or throw it in the weeds. What do ya think?   Thanks Scott

Kevin

Scott;
For me, it would depend how bad the cylinder is.
I would probably buy a new saw and if the 266 was in decent condition I would rebuild it myself and keep it as a spare.
If you have to pay someone to repair it then you might want to do something different.

Hawkin50

Hello palletmiller.I n reply to your saw.Have you tore her down to inspect the damage.If so if its a burn down the cylinder can probably be saved.As long as there are no gowges in.If its just aluminum from piston ,get your self a brake cylinder hone from the automotive supply and chuck it in a stand up drill press and slide it in the cylinder.Get supply saw mix oil and gas and splash some in the cylinder and turn on the drill.Becarefull and hold on to cylinder really tight and move it up and down  being careful not to catch the ports.This will remove the aluinm and not hurt the chrome lineing.Then get your self a piston,rings, and base gasket.When you install the new piston on the con rod look on the top of piston you will see an small arrow that goes toward the front of the saw or towards the exhaust port. Anywayshow was the saw running be fore she quite.Was it idleing nice or was it raceing.Just wondering if it was to lean on the carb adjustments or mabe sucking air throgh a bad crank seal or maybe a bad gas oil mix.Let us know maybe we can helpCarb screws should be about 1/1/8th turn on high speed and 1/1/4 turn on low speed ide MIXTUREl screw. Hawkin.

Thank You Sponsors!