iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lucas owners

Started by Seaman, October 08, 2013, 10:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seaman

I called Baileys several times today to order a new slabber bar. When I got a young lady on the phone, she informed me that Baileys is no longer a Lucas dealer! Hate to see that!

I sent an e-mail to lucas asking about a USA dealer, then looked on their dealer locator. Sure enough, Baileys is not on there anymore .

Left Coast Supplies, in Laytonville, Ca. is listed as their dealer in the US. That companies web site is under construction, I will call in the morning and try to speak to someone.
I will let you guys know what I find out.

Peace Out, Frank
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

Nomad

Some of us met those fellas at the Paul Bunyan Festival.  I believe their names are Casey and Darien.  From what I'm told, the prices will come down a bit too.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Nomad

On another note, Lucas has a new video out.  Ian Schulz, Lucas tech consultant, says it's got some tips and tricks about using these mills on it.  I haven't watched it yet, but I've got a few extras.  Any FF member with a Lucas can contact me to see about getting one of the extras (until I run out.)
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Gasawyer

well this is going to be interesting. Wish the new guys well!
Woodmizer LT-40hdd super hyd.,Lucas 618,Lucas 823dsm,Alaskian chainsaw mill 6',many chainsaws large and small,NH L555 skidsteer, Int. TD-9,JD500 backhoe, and International grapple truck.

Seaman

DGRis, I did not look at that part of their website, thanks.
It would be nice for the price on a few things to come down a little!
Looking forward to a long relationship!
Frank
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

ET

Yes its true; Left Coast Supplies is our new Lucas supplier. Those who attended the Paul Bunyan show got to meet the owners of LCS. They are very serious about taking care of business and you could not ask for a nicer couple of fellows, plus they certainly made the sawdust fly at the shootout. I cant wait for the magazine to come out with the pics.

Also, I was given a few copies of the new video as was Nomad for distribution to any FF member.
Ernie
Lucas 1030, Slabber attachment, Husky 550XP, Ford 555B hoe, Blaze King Ultra, Vermeer chipper, 70 acres with 40 acres Woods.

Nomad

I just spent most of the morning watching this new Lucas video.  (Raining here today.)  No wonder Ian is pushing it; he's the star of the whole thing! :D
     This is an outstanding video.  It covers everything from unpacking a new mill and setting it up to using the sanding attachment and sharpening slabbing chain.  All sorts of maintenance items too.  I think this is a "Must have" item for any Lucas mill owner.
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

sigidi

Yeah, I tried sending my copy over there a while ago, ( to Frank I think) but it didn't play there. Pleased the guys have burnt ones for your region, it goes a long way to sorting out common troubleshooting stuff for owners. 8)
Always willing to help - Allan

dgdrls

Seaman

I talked to the LCS guys yesterday. Said they should have crates unpacked and ready to ship parts next week. It was great to talk to a sales person who had a lot of time on a Lucas!
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

ATLGA

It will be interesting to see how much longer they carry Logosol products....  :-X
America First.

Lucas_Mill_Pty_Ltd

Gday Guys,

Warren Lucas here, this is my first post on the forestry forum.

I don't believe that manufactures should contribute to sawmill forums and influence the tone/direction of the conversation, this in my view, is best left to independent sawmill owners.

On this occasion however, for the benefit of our many valued North American customers, I feel it is important to announce that Left Coast Supplies (LCS) are our new agent for North America. We at Lucas Mill Australia are very excited by the opportunities that LCS can offer you especially in terms of pricing of sawmills and parts.

Lucas Mill as a part owner of LCS can offer "factory pricing" for both sawmills and parts. This should help significantly offset the recent price rises due to very unfavourable exchange rates between the US and Australian dollar.

LCS will endeavour to carry a full range of sawmills, spare parts with technical back-up from staff with 30 years combined experience of Lucas Mill – we know that you as current and future owners are in good hands.

You can contact Left Coast Supplies at usa@lucasmill.com call 888-995-7307 or visit www.leftcoastsupplies.com.

Happy Sawmilling

Warren Lucas
Lucas Mill Pty Ltd

Nomad

Warren, welcome and thanks for running such a great company. 8)  I'll look forward to dealing with LCS.

WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Nomad

This morning I promised out the last copy of the Lucas instructional video I have, so I'm afraid anyone else looking will have to look elsewhere.
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Gasawyer

Nice hear from you Warren and I look forward to dealing with LCS. Thanks for making such a great product!
Woodmizer LT-40hdd super hyd.,Lucas 618,Lucas 823dsm,Alaskian chainsaw mill 6',many chainsaws large and small,NH L555 skidsteer, Int. TD-9,JD500 backhoe, and International grapple truck.

Seaman

As said before, WELCOME, and thanks for a great mill. Look forward to working with LCS.
Frank
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

JohnM

Saw the 'switch' in Sawmill and Woodlot.  Pretty excited and hopeful that it works out well for Lucas and us consumers. ;D

Quote from: Lucas_Mill_Pty_Ltd on October 11, 2013, 03:09:06 AM
Lucas Mill as a part owner of LCS can offer "factory pricing" for both sawmills and parts. This should help significantly offset the recent price rises due to very unfavourable exchange rates between the US and Australian dollar.

This is just awesome news!  Was getting ready to pull the trigger on $900+ worth of parts (slabbing attachment drivetrain, siding attachment and some other stuff) that were missing when I bought my used 830.  I'll give LCS a couple of weeks to let the dust settle then check in with them about what I need.

Welcome to the forum Warren and thanks for filling us in.

JM
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

fishpharmer

Warren, welcome to FF and thanks for a great mill and a great company.  I look forward to dealing with LCS. 8)

Need someone to demo a 10-30 in Mississippi? :D ;D

James
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

ATLGA

I emailed Left Coast this morning about updated pricing on a 1030. I keep trying to find a reason to back my wants  :D
America First.

ET

Hi Warren, good to hear from the Man himself!  Love my 10-30 and will demo in northern Ohio if needed. Nice fellows at LCS as I met them at the Paul Bunyan and yes they know how to run the Lucas!

I have 3 DVD's left for anyone looking. (They are great, viewed mine today)
Ernie
Lucas 1030, Slabber attachment, Husky 550XP, Ford 555B hoe, Blaze King Ultra, Vermeer chipper, 70 acres with 40 acres Woods.

logboy

I have a few discs left, as well.
I like Lucas Mills and big wood.  www.logboy.com

barbender

So, isn't Laytonville where Bailey's located? If so, what's the connection or is it just that small of a world?
Too many irons in the fire

mesquite buckeye

Welcome Warren. Great products. ;D

Don't be a stranger. This could be a great place for you to spotlight upgrades in your products as well as solutions for problems that come up. Can't think of anybody better to talk about Lucas Mill issues. ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

JohnM

Quote from: barbender on October 13, 2013, 09:42:22 AM
So, isn't Laytonville where Bailey's located? If so, what's the connection or is it just that small of a world?
Google maps has Laytonville 3hrs from Woodland (Baileys warehouse/snail mail address).

Edit: BAILEY'S
(Western Division - Home Office)44650 Hwy 101 - P.O. Box 550
Laytonville, California 95454

Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

Thank You Sponsors!