iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Catching up

Started by pineywoods, August 11, 2010, 11:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pineywoods

I have essentially been off line for the last 3 1/2 weeks. There's a bunch of posts to read  and I read them all. Finally got caught up with the reading, now to make a few posts. First off, the day before I left on vacation, I had a very enjoyable visit from fishpharmer. He had sneaked off from his family camp out and couldn't stay very long, but I really enjoyed getting to know James. I'm looking forward to visiting at his place. That monster homebrew bandmill plus a new to him swingmill sounds mighty interesting. Like every other visitor, he wanted to see my solar kiln.
I have a neighbor who drives a garbage truck used to empty the big green dumpster boxes scattered around the parish. He brings me some mighty useful stuff. Todays haul was a 5000 btu window air conditioner, a squirrel cage blower off a construction site, and an electric lift cylinder off a hospital patient lift. The ac unit has a seized blower motor, cools ok. Construction blower has dirty start contacts, runs ok if you spin the motor to get it started. Haven't looked at the lift cylinder yet. I think the ac unit and the blower are going on my sawmill  :) Every day since I got home has been one of Magic's 3 shirt days. Been sawing 1X6 cypress fence boards. Did I mention, short logs are a time consuming pain.....
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Coon

Sounds like you're gonna have the coolest mill around.  ;D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Thank You Sponsors!