iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New to the Forum

Started by BillG, July 12, 2008, 11:39:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slabs

A chip off of "THAT" block.  Lord help us.

Great to have you on board BillG.   Lookin forward to pumping your paw over the wheel rim.
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

brdmkr

Hey Bill, glad to have you with us.  Maybe we'll get to meet sometime around a pile of sawdust.  I'm not too far from you.
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

isawlogs

Hey , dont be to hard on him ... he might take after his mother and be good lookin' :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Ron Wenrich

Welcome aboard.  I hope you know that 98% of the lawyers give the other 2% a bad name.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Samh200

Welcome to the forum Bill!  8)

Left Coast Chris

Hi Bill, if you are like me, this forum is great stress relief and a great place to hang out with "real" people.  One caution, if you do not have a sawmill to saw up those really choice yard trees from your neighbors and store lumber that is one of a kind for later wood working......you have a real danger of catching the bug here. And......once you get a sawmill its a great excuse to build a wood working shop and adjacent wood storage building.  The wife will never see it coming if you do one phase at a time.  :) :)

Since you are a lawyer you probably know the word "bifurcated".  It was a funny situation:  I am a Civil Engineer that oversees the construction of projects for our state dept. of transportation (when Im not sawing on my mill  :))and we needed some property to realign the highway that belonged to a San Francisco Attorney.  He did not want to cooperate in selling and need to know the merit of the project.  We traveled to his office and discussed his discontent.  Since we were slicing off a portion of his parcel he claimed that it would be bifurcated.   I had no idea what he was talking about and ........thought it was probably a professional cuss word of some type. ::) :D :D    Of course I latter priviately asked our Right of Way agent that was with us what it meant and found out it simply means spliting the property and he was posturing for maximum damage to the remaining piece saying it would then be unusable even though the remainder was still over 20 acres and in extreemly steep and inaccessable terrain on a flank of a local mountain in decomposed granite full of brush as was the whole piece.  ::)

Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

BillG

Hi Chris,

First, I like the signature line...Amen!

Second, don't need to buy a sawmill, my dad lives nearby and can give me all the exposure I need for now...lol, but I have heard of the addictive nature of the craft.

Third, can't blame the lawyer for trying to maximize his payday, it's what I would do for my clients....  ;D

Thanks for the welcoming....I am looking forward to getting to know you all.

sawmilllawyer

Welcome Billg, it is good to see a fellow lawyer on here, no matter what the others say.  8)
Stihl MS-361, MS-460 mag, Poulan 2150, 2375 Wildthing.

WDH

Hey Bill!  Good to have you here.  Maybe you won't become another cussword :) ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Gary_C

Well Bill, you are holding up well so far. I'd forgot to add to my welcome that I am a big fan of "Boston Legal" the TV show. It can be funny, strange, topical, and profound, just like the folks around here.  :D :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

BillG

Quote from: sawmilllawyer on July 13, 2008, 12:14:04 AM
Welcome Billg, it is good to see a fellow lawyer on here, no matter what the others say.  8)

Thank you.  You know how it is, no one likes lawyers until they need one... :)  What area of practice are you in?

Hi WDH - I can only hope....I see you are in Perry...I went to school in Macon.

BillG

Quote from: Gary_C on July 13, 2008, 12:19:13 AM
Well Bill, you are holding up well so far. I'd forgot to add to my welcome that I am a big fan of "Boston Legal" the TV show. It can be funny, strange, topical, and profound, just like the folks around here.  :D :D

Thanks Gary

WDH

Yep, not too far away, just off of I-75.  I have also been to Chattahoochee, Fla ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Corley5

Welcome to the FF BillG  8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

scsmith42

Hey Bill - welcome to the FF!  Your old man is a hoot; sounds like you inherited some good genes.

Good luck with your practice; what type of law do you specialize in?

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

customsawyer

Welcome to the herd

Is bill your name or what you like to send out. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

fencerowphil (Phil L.)

Whachagonnadoo about Bill's bills?
Get a lawyer?
Bi-VacAtional:  Piano tuner and sawyer.  (Use one to take a vacation from the other.) Have two Stihl 090s, one Stihl 075, Echo CS8000, Echo 346,  two Homely-ite 27AVs, Peterson 10" Swingblade Winch Production Frame, 36" and 54"Alaskan mills, and a sore back.

Thank You Sponsors!