iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

circle or band mill

Started by jdw, March 28, 2015, 10:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdw

I'm pretty well set on a circle mill due to production. But just wondering which one cuts most accurate lumber. Also norwood advertises a manual mill that produces 4000 bf an day I ran a manual mill a hudson 328 ain't no way I could cut that much lumber in a day with that thing. Any one think you could cut that much on a manual mill and be able to walk the next day ? ???

sandsawmill14

I cant cut but half that with my timberking b20 but if you were cutting 40' long 12x16 beams or something you might could. ???
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

thecfarm

Thay all do that will the bf. Kinda like the milage on a car,under ideal conditions,it can be done.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bandmiller2

Any mill will cut accurate lumber all depends on how its set up and the skill of the sawyer. In a workday the saw be it band or circular is only in the wood about 20- 25% of the time. The rest of the time is handling logs and boards. By circular I think your referring to a MD or swing blade. An older handset circular mill is the most bang for the buck and will put out but its a minor industrial operation that must be set up properly. What I'am saying is its the setup and auxiliary equipment that has more to do with production than just the mill type. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Magicman

Forget those "advertised" sawing rates.  That is what the blade "could" go through without taking into considering log, slab, flitch, edging, lumber, or sawdust handling.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!