iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

stihl kombi system

Started by Compensation, April 12, 2013, 09:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Compensation

So today I bought a cultivator and testing a redefiner. The ground is wet here, has anyone used this redefining edger on dry ground? Does it work well? I can say its worthless on wet ground

If anyone needs a review on anything I have for it, ask me.
I have for the kombi:
Km55
Km130
Weed eater
Brush cutter
Leaf blower
Hedge trimmer (adjustable)
Pole saw
Edger
Cultivator
2 extensions

Have used a lot but don't own:
Km110
Power sweep

If your wondering why I own a 55 and 130 its because the 130 has so much power that it will make you bleed if it picks up a rock with the weedeater. No joke, I ran other brands with 32cc engines that doesn't come close to the amount of pain this 130 will inflict. Not saying its dangerous but when you mow 35 yards it gets old bleeding all the time. The 55 works great for everything and has power even though it is small and will not puncture you. The 110 would be ideal if you only use one power head. Also if you use 2 extensions with the chainsaw, you better plan to eat your Wheaties.
I would have to say my most used tool so far is the blower. I use it after I mow, when it snows, when I wash the bike and its too wet to ride, and fires.

Order of attachments from most used to dust collectors:
Blower
Weedeater
Hedge trimmer
Power sweep
Edger
Saw
Brush cutter
Tiller (new)
Extensions

If it wasn't for owning a business I would say some things are better not to own. My edger now sits and might be used on 30' of concrete a year. Saw is nice if you have a lot of trees but is more of a show piece. I stand on a truck bed or something to delimb trees, I guess I own the extensions so I can top trees or something. I don't know
D4D caterpillar, lt10 Woodmizer, 8x12 solar kiln, enough Stihl's to make my garages smell like their factory :) Ohh and built Ford tough baby!

thecfarm

I've looked at that set up a few times.  :D  I've been thinking of the pole saw. I have a bunch of oak that I have left in the grown up pasture and those trees are putting some limbs out now.  :o   I could also use the sweeper. I rake about 1500 feet of gravel off the grass. We live on a dirt road. How does the sweeper do with rocks about 2 inches?
I have an old echo trimmer that keeps on a going. I would hate to see the echo die. I know nothing would last that long again.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Paul_H

We have a landscaper that has the KM 55 and uses the extensions with the line head attachment to mow a steep bank.He said they come at it from the top and the bottom and it's knocked the time off the job by half.
He bought it after renting ours and seeing it's potential.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Compensation

The power sweep is like a dozen squeegees spinning in a blurr. The bristle brush I have yet to use. But I can say the power sweep can take the caked on build up on the sides of the road and clean it all off. It does a number on snow too. I would say on gravel it could rip weeds and grade your driveway too.  :) The rubber might take a beating but holds up to removing build up on concrete and asphalt. It pushes everything in front of you as it goes and can ware you down. I used the sweep for 8 hours at a time doing snow or cleaning up around the apartment complex. Sure gave me some chest hairs.
D4D caterpillar, lt10 Woodmizer, 8x12 solar kiln, enough Stihl's to make my garages smell like their factory :) Ohh and built Ford tough baby!

Don_Papenburg

I have the pole saw weed whacker and the blower .  The blower gets the most use in the fall , I  use it to blow the dust off the combine after every field before I take it home.  The weed whacker gets the most use in summer and the saw as needed .  I would like to get a tiller but no one stocks them .  I would like to at least see one before I spend the money .  Any one ever use a cultivator for the Kombi?
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

flyboy16101

I have the km110 with a pole saw, brush cutter (with a string head I change out for the blade), blower, cultivator, and a extension. I use it a lot and love the system. I use the blower the most to clean up saw dust off of and around the saw mill. The cultivator is my least used attachment but it works great for flower beds and small patches but if you have a descent sized garden it seams to take forever and by the end you feel it your arms and back. The neighbor has the yard boss system on wheels and works very well for tilling a garden or sweeping large areas. I have been thinking about getting a set of bolo tines for a yard boss to replace the picker tines that come with the kombi cultivator to cut down time the only thing stopping be is I am afraid of is that it might grab onto a rock (which I have a lot of) and take me for a ride :o
Wood-mizer Lt35, International 504 w/ loader, Hough HA Payloader, Stihl Ms290, Ms660, LogRite Cant Hook

Compensation

Just went out to give the garden some attention with the cultivator. I wish it was a curved shaft because it really has no good angle for me to hold the whole setup. I feel like I need to hold it higher and the gaurd needs to be raised up about 8". As far as tilling, it will buzz through any area previously tilled. It done a nice job at fresh ground as well. It is more labor intensive than the power sweep, and that says a lot.

d1hamby

I have had KM130  for about three years. I do a lot of cutting with my pole saw and was going through more than a chain a month, with touch up sharpening between cuts. I live in Florida, so the sugar sand is everywhere in the wood and bark. I just put a pd3 carbide chain on my pole saw with a 30 degree angle head. The carbide chain is too new to give an accurate review, but it is a pretty aggressive cutter. I really like the angle head bc it increases the reach and angle on the limb when you're cutting high.

I also have:
                straight shaft edger with modified 1/4" steel blades
                blower
                hedge trimmer with shortened shaft ( used the tube and shaft from the straight shaft trimmer) (plan on using the blades from one of the longer trimmers to modify the trimmer and maybe figure out a way to get oil to the blades, similar to what is on the pole saw.)
                Bed edger (Maybe attach a carbide bit so I can go through roots)
                String trimmer: I've used all kinds of attachments (The 25-2 AutoCut, 30-2 AutoCut, PolyCut, SuperCut, Airecut 250mm & 300mm, 12" Beaver Blade, 14" circular saw blade. My favorite is the Airecut 300mm, it shreds everything, you just have to wear a lot of protection.)  I've also used all kinds of line. The 0.120" was my favorite it is just hard to find and 0.130" was too big. I now like Stens the Core 0.095".
Own a Stihl 362 16" 0.050" carbide and steel, and 25" 0.063" Stihl 020T
Stihl KM131R, 130R and KM56R with several Brush Cutter and Weed Trimmer heads. Pole Pruner (with 10", 12" w/wo Carbide, and 16" bar&chains) , Blower, Modified 135° Hedge Trimmer, Straight Edger, Bed Edger, Tiller Kombi attchment

terry f

I have a 130 and love mine, blower and saw extension are my next two play things.

Thank You Sponsors!