iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I'm gettng LAZY!

Started by lyle niemi, December 11, 2013, 03:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lyle niemi

With all this snow, cold and wind I'm finding it hard to get my but out there and get some sawing done. I have an order of a 100 3x10x10s to do for next week so that might get me motivated a little.... I'm really starting to hate winter..lol  :snowball:

mkjones32

I hear you.  High today in Northern Wisconsin is -2.  I cannot imagine Alberta Canada.

Kevin

kevin19343

It's 30 degrees out here.

I just finished cutting up a big walnut thats been lying around for a while. It only took about an hour to slice and dice it, but it took twice that long to unfreeze my coolant line. Thats a mistake I won't make again. :D

kelLOGg

Canadians have a right to complain about winter. We don't.
Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Chuck White

Only got up to +20°F here today!

Makes me glad the mill is parked in the garage!  :)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

m wood

KelLOGg, your in NC, try Buffalo on for size and you'd have something to say. :D.  But I do try to wait till February to start compaining ;D
mark
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

thechknhwk

It was 10 here to day and we were skidding firewood logs, cutting and splitting.  We were doing well until I tried to move a big chunk of hickory and hurt my back...  off to the chiropractor and now sitting on an ice pack :-\

lyle niemi

A few cold lookin pics

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Lyle....I don't told you about posting these kind of pics!  :D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

lyle niemi

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 11, 2013, 05:57:10 PM
Lyle....I don't told you about posting these kind of pics!  :D :D :D :D
Just tryin to give some of you fellas a reality check...lol

drobertson

Nasty weather, and laziness are in two different baskets,  now, an emergency brings a different mindset to the table,  Just being prepared is about the only answer to winter weather,  and warm fires are hard to break away from,    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

ladylake

Your getting smart not lazy staying out of the real cold.    Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

LoneDuck

Nice this morning, 16, only had to miss the mini van coming 60mph at me sideways. Now its -4.

mesquite buckeye

Makes me so sad that I don't live in the Great White North.

I believe I will stick with sunny and 75 Tucson, AZ for the next few months. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

AdamT

I always love your pictures Lyle! It was 7 degrees at 525 this am when I fired the truck up, but I'd take that over 80 degrees in the morning and having to run air.  We got a good piece of snow on the ground last weekend, and I'd take more. I love it!

2017 Wood-Mizer LT40HDD35-RA
2011 Wood-Mizer LT40 HD

It's better to have it and not need it then it is to need it and not have it

mesquite buckeye

I put in my time in Frostbite Falls, Minnesota.  :)

I'm cured. I'll take the summer heat anytime in trade. The heat takes longer to kill you. ;D 8) 8) 8)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

mesquite buckeye

Besides, not grits up there. Very sad. :'(

beenthere

Having those crisp, cold mornings where the snow crunches and the chill goes right through the clothes just makes looking forward to those coming 25 - 30 deg F days feel so great.   IMO

No bugs, no mud, no sweat..  Can't beat it.  And coming in to throw another log on the fire is just another plus. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Sprucegum

Times like this I really enjoy being retired  8) 40 below is cold no matter if you are Celsius or Fahrenheit! Soon as my fingers start to tingle I am back in by the fire.

Peter Drouin

Lyle Niemi, they are cold pics  :D I do like winter.
This time of year I put John up on something if he sets for a while.[ so not to freeze in] I like your 410g ;D

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Brucer

It was -21°C here through the weekend (-6°F), clear and sunny. I stayed inside except to fetch firewood.

Tuesday it was up to -12°C (10°F) and today it got up to -6°C (21°F). The warmer temperatures are caused by clouds moving in (keeps the heat in at night) and it is snowing outside right now. Not hard enough to make the skiers happy, but I'll out bright and early plowing snow.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

kelLOGg

Quote from: kelLOGg on December 11, 2013, 04:45:18 PM
Canadians have a right to complain about winter. We [southerners] don't.
Bob

Sorry, Mark, I left out a qualifying word.   I've heard about Buffalo's snow. :o
Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Chuck White

-4°F here this morning!  :snowman:
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

bandmiller2

There are different types of cold,dry and damp.The  most miserable winter I went through was near Memphis Tn. the temp was not that low but it was a damp cold you couldn't get warm.Up through northern Maine and those latitudes you get a dryer cold,squeky snow syndrome, thats much easier to deal with.Factor in wind and all bets are off. Of course equipment can't tell the difference it just feels the temp. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Peter Drouin

I have squeaky snow today ;D.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Thank You Sponsors!