iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Deer Stand Woes plus Fix

Started by Magicman, September 09, 2015, 09:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I happened to drive by my all time favorite Ladder Deer Stand which is located overlooking a creek bottom in the woods and surely something had happened since I saw it July 4th. 

A huge limb had fallen from this 40" dbh Cherrybark Oak and crashed the ladder.

Just really made a mess. 

There was nothing to do but to dismantle and salvage the actual seat.  A new ladder was in order.

My helper and I rigged up a rope/pulley and raised the freshly rebuilt ladder stand.

Some burlap and it is looking good again.

As seen from the creek bottom 75 yards away.

One morning I shot a 10 point from this stand which was the 12th buck that I saw that morning.  I have passed on two very good 8 pointers from here, and took a nice 11 point a couple of years ago. 

Now if my FF Friend from the Glaciated North can get the vacation time arranged, I have a place for him to sit for some morning hunts.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

man, hats off to you, mine is not that bad, as to a hit from a limb, but not real excited about getting in it as is, with the son in law coming in this October, I have some work to do as well, sigh,  seed ticks are horrible right now, so time will tell, a nice cold front passing through might give me a window to get it done in time,  be safe, and looking forward to seeing another bruiser, I see your helper was pretty concerned about it ;D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

sandhills

OUCH!  I'm just glad you weren't sitting in it!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Andy would have went up that ladder and fixed it.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Andy don't want two broken butts heads.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Andy White

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN!!!!!!!!
Andy don' do no more ladders!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( :o :o :-X :-X :-X
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

Magicman

Pat was not too happy with me stepping back and forth between the two ladders.   :o

Thank You Sponsors!