iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking for mobile Mechanic in NH-MA

Started by Woodboogah, December 12, 2014, 04:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvmexfood

Sometimes it can be something simple. Dad had a new injector pump put on one of the tractors a few years back. Went to use it and ran fine then would lose power. Just like not getting fuel. I changed filters, blew out fuel lines checked the tank cut off valve everything.

When you want to shut it down there is a knob you pull out connected to the injector pump that pulls a little lever that cuts off the fuel supply. Both tractors had the same pump so in looking their was a little spring that held the lever in unless you pulled it past the latch point. They had left that spring off. Put the one from the other tractor on it and it was fine. To this day never have replaced it on the other tractor but had no problems.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Woodboogah

Back up and running!  It was the dumbest thing that had me stumped.  The cable that goes from the cab to the govenor box to kill the air slipped out a little bit but was still attached so it seemed as if it was working fine.  My uncle and dad were there today and my uncle saw when I pushed the handle back in cable was piece the cable is attached to was hanging up.  So that was the problem.  I would have never seen that by myself.   I still switched out the N45 injector with a N50 so now at least they are all 50's and bough an extra one to have on hand.  Way easier then I though it would be.  Thanks again for all the help, suggestions, etc.  It is much appreciated.  Now all we need is freezing temps and and I can pull some wood. 
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

Peter Drouin

Good,  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

Just as luvmexfood,said something simple.  ;D Good thing your Uncle showed up. Hard to see things like that from the operator seat.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

cutterboy

To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

David-L

Glad to hear your running, warm here around Christmas and then maybe getting cold. We need a freeze up bad. Good luck and hope the old girl is pulling wood soon.
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

Autocar

Great fix on your skidder fun to learn but not when you want to work. Not froze around here eather woods are pretty good but getting across the farm ground that is where it is to wet.
Bill

snowstorm

Quote from: Woodboogah on December 20, 2014, 04:43:04 PM
Back up and running!  It was the dumbest thing that had me stumped.  The cable that goes from the cab to the govenor box to kill the air slipped out a little bit but was still attached so it seemed as if it was working fine.  My uncle and dad were there today and my uncle saw when I pushed the handle back in cable was piece the cable is attached to was hanging up.  So that was the problem.  I would have never seen that by myself.   I still switched out the N45 injector with a N50 so now at least they are all 50's and bough an extra one to have on hand.  Way easier then I though it would be.  Thanks again for all the help, suggestions, etc.  It is much appreciated.  Now all we need is freezing temps and and I can pull some wood.
if the cable goes to the governor box then it shuts the fuel off not the air. there would be a flap on the blower to shut the air off only to be used if its running away

Thank You Sponsors!