iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Official 2018 15th annual PiGROAST RSVP topic.

Started by Jeff, June 04, 2018, 04:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Nothing needed Roy! If you have something you want to bring for a door prize, that is always cool, but really, just come!    :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Coach

The guitar is on it's way to Sheepkeeper.  He'll be bringing it to the Roast where the draw will take place.  

The only sound clip I managed to record.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=x6Lq3DLI1XA

I think I did mention that I ran out of time with this.  I would have liked a couple more weeks to work some more on the finish, but it is what it is.  Certainly nothing wrong with how the instrument sounds, but it could use some more coats of finish.

The plan was to give that other guitar, which had a flawless fit and finish. But dropped the darn thing as I hung it up to dry. 

doctorb

I was hoping to surprise myself and all assembled by sneaking up to the PR this year.  Had a wonderful time in my previous visit.  But alas, with the entire family together at our cabin in Canada, I will not be able to make it.  It will happen again, I make that a promise, but not this year.  Everyone have fun and carefully tilt one back for me.....
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

pigman

Until yesterday, I thought this would be the first pig roast I would miss in thirteen years, but the crooked stars finally lined up and I will be able to attend.  I understand since very few were coming this year, Jeff was going to have a chicken. Jeff, I want a chicken leg.
Judy and I will make  81

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Jeff

Dont you fib to us pigman! You was just holding off until you were sure @doctorb wasn't coming. :D

Wildflower

Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

pigman

Quote from: Jeff on July 21, 2018, 12:57:35 PM
Dont you fib to us pigman! You was just holding off until you were sure @doctorb wasn't coming. :D
No Jeff, I was waiting to see if doctorb was going to be there fishing on Thursday. If he was, then I was coming on Thursday to help him eat his catch.

Kitty

Good Afternoon!

Just in case someone attending the Pig Roast, would like a Forestry Forum hat...I wanted to let everyone know that I will be bringing a selection of Forestry Forum hats to the Pig Roast. Yep, the Red Plaid also. 

If I don't have the hat you want in the selection, I will be happy to take your order.

The Forestry Forum will receive a 10% donation per hat sold. 

Thanks,

Kitty

doctorb

Actually, Pigman and I are the same person, so we can't both appear any given year.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

olcowhand

So Team,
Where do we sign up for side dishes? I can understand that many of our member travel from long distances, but I'm less than an hour away.
If I (we) can help, let us know.
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

Jeff

No need to bring anything unless you want to. :)  No sign up necessary. :)

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thechknhwk

I would like to come, supposed to be milling friday and saturday that weekend.  I hope to get about half done on friday and get done early Saturday.

submarinesailor

Well......the count has to go back down to 79.  The wife and I can not make it due to a HUGE financial offer that was dumped into our laps last Saturday night while we were attending my 48th class reunion.  We just can't pass this up and can not afford to be out of town.

Will tell you guys all about it when it "closes."

Yes, we know if it's too good to pass up.......and yes we are taking steps to protect ourselves.

Bruce

pigman

Bruce, did a  rich African Prince needing  help moving money, attend your class reunion? ;D

DR_Buck

Quote from: submarinesailor on July 27, 2018, 09:51:51 PM
Well......the count has to go back down to 79.  The wife and I can not make it due to a HUGE financial offer that was dumped into our laps last Saturday night while we were attending my 48th class reunion.  We just can't pass this up and can not afford to be out of town.

Will tell you guys all about it when it "closes."

Yes, we know if it's too good to pass up.......and yes we are taking steps to protect ourselves.

Bruce
Brue,  It sounds like an Amway demonstration is happening at your house next week.    ;D

Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

submarinesailor

The wife has requested we keep this as close as possible.  Like I said: After we "close", I will tell you all about it.

Bruce

Magicman

The National Weather Service:

Friday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 78.
Friday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 57.
Saturday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 84.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

chet

Judy and I are off ta da Pig Roast, see ya there.  :)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

DR_Buck

Quote from: chet on July 30, 2018, 09:22:32 AM
Judy and I are off ta da Pig Roast, see ya there.  :)
You must want a front row seat.     :D       
We're hitting the road Wednesday.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

DPatton

Steph, Jesse, and I will hit the road after work Thursday, trying to knock back some miles so we don't have to do the full drive on Friday.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

trapper

Leaving 5:30 AM friday  for us  Check in at motel and be there for supper.  Dropping off a friend at Waloon lake on the way.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Magicman

We will leave early Thursday morning.  1052 miles is a   l o n g   way.   move_it
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!