iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Today was a better day!

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, May 30, 2014, 07:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I had a few Cherry Logs come in today and of course, the Tree Service folks take them straight to the burn pile.
Pulled them out with the backhoe and brought them to the mill.

I don't get Cherry often but I gotta say.......this is some purdy stuff. It milled out at about 160 BF with no rot.

Sawed full 1 inch with 6, 7, 8 and 11 inch widths. 

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

hackberry jake

Lookin good! I hate it when I get a crotch like that one. Them arkansas cherrys I cut that look like that turn into firewood around the crotch. The rest of it looks great! $300 for the lot?
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Nomad

Poston, that looks pretty good.  Especially compared to what you usually turn out. ;D
     Okay; time to duck, cover and hide now. :D :D :D 
     Nice looking boards.  Occasionally I get some cherry down here.  It's always a treat when I do.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

WDH

You lucky rascal.  If I was closer, I would swap you $300 for it. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

red oaks lumber

you need more stickers! lumber will only crack in to the first sticker usually, put the outside row of sticks about 2" from the end :)
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: red oaks lumber on May 30, 2014, 09:53:57 PM
you need more stickers! lumber will only crack in to the first sticker usually, put the outside row of sticks about 2" from the end :)

This stack will be moved Sunday afternoon.  :)

red oaks lumber

do you promise to use more stickers? :)
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: red oaks lumber on May 30, 2014, 10:00:26 PM
do you promise to use more stickers? :)

I give my word as a Southern Gentlemen.  ::)

hackberry jake

Is that pulses from a lubemizer im seeing on the lumber?
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

WmFritz

Not shore about the 'pulses'
but I think in that third picture down, I can see part of the still!  smiley_alcoholic_01
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

WDH

Unfortunately, I suspect that the crotches will crack open in cherry.  Pecan is bad to do that, too. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Larry

That's some pretty stuff. 8) 8) 8)
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Dad2FourWI

Wow, that looks sooooo nice!!! - and it sounds like a much better day!

Where we are located (central sands of Wisconsin), Cherry is an "exotic species"!!! :D

-Dad2FourWI
LT-40, LT-10, EG-50, Bobcat T750 CTL, Ford 1910 tractor, tree farmer

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Larry

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Larry on May 31, 2014, 08:29:09 PM
$300?  ;D

Oh NO Senior.....a few more Presidents. Thanks WDH!  :)

WDH

Always trying to help out a friend in need....

barbender

Poston, you slick son of a gun :D You guys can't even finish telling him how he needs more stickers, it's gonna crack, etc, and he's already got it sold  8) I love it, Poston I think I need to come down for a week of marketing training ;)
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!