iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Samich'es

Started by drobertson, March 14, 2015, 01:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

What I really meant was sandwiches, of course, and have to ask while finishing a pretty good one, just how many have we all ate?
I mean really, I'm pretty sure the lot of us here have consumed more dang samich'es than could be counted,, maybe not but a lot of them for sure through our years of brown bagging, so what's the favorite go to one?  I like them all, bologna, yea bologna ;D  with cheese and mustard, turkey, ham, both, lettuce and maters, with onions? just wondering, then there is the bread, oh yea, cant chinz on the bread? can we? 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

I have no problem putting almost anything between two slices of bread and calling it a sammich. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

whiskers

worked with a fellow that brought a jam sandwich for lunch. his angry wife packed it, two slices of bread jammed together.......... 
many irons in the fire.........

pabst79

My personal guess is about 11'680, that's a sammich a day for 33 years, figure I was 2 when I started eating bologna  :D, could be higher, in high school I'm fairly certain the average was more like 5 a day  :D. Somewhere and maybe with research I could find it again, but some famous person said "the key to life is, take time to enjoy your sandwichs" not probably word for word but good advice I reckon. digin_2 digin_2 digin_2 digin_2 digin_2 digin_2 food6 food6 .
Not sure which came first, but I have chickens and eggs.

WV Sawmiller

Watch that bologna. Remember the old movie about Loretta Lynn "Coal Miner's Daughter" and how the bologna got her in trouble.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

21incher

My favorite is a fresh picked Paul Robeson or Brandywine tomato sliced with mayonnaise, salt, and a slice of American cheese on fresh baked Italian bread. Started my tomato plants today so only have about 75 days until I can enjoy one. For the rest of the year just plain old PB&J. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Magicman

I just finished eating a sammich.  I said that I could make a sammich out of anything so who says that you can not make a leftover Salmon Croquette sammach?   food6
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

:D
Quote from: Magicman on March 14, 2015, 07:29:14 PM
I just finished eating a sammich.  I said that I could make a sammich out of anything so who says that you can not make a leftover Salmon Croquette sammach?   food6
:D :D :D :D :D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

drobertson

and more laughs! :D  I think its what built this country,

thecfarm

I like a sandwich,quick and easy,I have even eaten a few on the tractor when I've been busy trying to get a load of logs ready. Meatloaf is a good one.Peanut butter and some of Brenda's jam-jelly is up there on the list too. Than Brenda will bake some bread and cut it nice and thick and give to my normal 2 sandwiches and wonder why I have a hard time moving in the afternoon.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Ah ha, that's the difference.  I never eat but one.   :D

thecfarm

Two with store brought bread is fine. Brenda's homemade bread is the killer.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

luvmexfood

For me it's Valleydale bologna, fresh mater, vidalia onion and mayo. Local store that carried the Valleydale brand quit carring it but for some reason their store brand taste's just like it.

They have to get someone to make the store brands. Conspiracy I think.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Chuck White

Usually when I'm out on a sawjob I'll pack a lunch which will be a sandwich with lots (3X) of peanut butter on one slice and a little bit of butter on the other!

I also "once in a while" will have a sandwich with lots (3X) of peanutbutter on one slice and just a small drizzle of maple syrup or honey on the other.

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Mooseherder

The bread or roll is what makes the sandwich ordinary or extra-ordinary.
My favorites are a Hot Ham and Swiss with a slice of tomato and onion.
I buy the semi boneless hams and bone them out for quart size bags of Ham.  So much better than the processed ham.
Cuban Sandwiches and a good Steak and Cheese sub ranks high on the list also. It's Corned Beef time now with St. Patty's Day.  Corned Beef on Rye with Mayo. Corned Beef is so good.  :)

sandhills

I'm with MM on this one, anything that fits between the slices.  I've even been known to put a mountain oyster or two there  :-X

red

Peanut butter n banana
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Mooseherder

Corned beef in the oven and just about ready. :)

cousin jw

Home made cashew butter and banana. Or a fried chicken cordon bleu.

Corley5

I'm perfectly happy with a two slices of Oscar Meyer bologna, a Kraft cheese single, Hellman's Mayo, and yellow mustard between two slices of Hillbilly Bread  8) 8)  Crunchy Jiff PB with strawberry on Hillbilly Bread is pretty hard to beat ;D :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

sawguy21

A staple at our house. I can eat almost anything slapped between two slices of bread, Montreal smoked meat and kraut with grainy mustard on rye is a favorite. Another is ham with tomatoes and bacon or sharp cheese. Sometimes both.
I don't care for bologna, ate far too much of it as a kid, and spare me the Spam and it's derivatives. :'(
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

luvmexfood

Some of the sandwiches I like that people may think odd.

Banana and mayo.
Peanut butter and sweet pickle slices.
Peanut butter and marshmallow creme.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Magicman

I just finished making my lunch for today.  Ham and pimento cheese on wheat, a few Cheetos, and 2 cookies.  That plus a Coke go into my lunch box along with two of those frozen thingies to keep everything cool.

Ken

I take a couple of samich'es every work day.  Whatever is in the fridge for meat along with some mayo and cheese or PB&J works for me. 
Lots of toys for working in the bush

coxy

2 slices of bread and just mayo  or onion and mayo  digin_2 digin_2

Thank You Sponsors!